Transparent Paint Guard kit

0pini0nated

Hey Raymond,

I had it installed by my dealer. Reason why....any mistakes were on them. Sure enough when I went in to pick up my bike one piece was missing. They said when the kit came in, that piece was 'creased'. Funny thing is though, they left it up to me to discover it wasn't applied by not telling me up front that there was a problem. It was only after I pointed out the missing piece that I got the 'crease' story. I think the tech installing it screwed it up and they thought maybe they'd sneak it by....:Shrug:

I bought my FLRT late in the year and just never really saw this as an immediate "ToDo'. I have never used film on any of my two-wheeled bikes. So, I am just not sure I want to on the Freewheeler......

So, any feedback on this topic, I will be greatly interested in reading.

Thanks,

Springman

I bought my FLRT late in the year and just never really saw this as an immediate "ToDo'. I have never used film on any of my two-wheeled bikes. So, I am just not sure I want to on the Freewheeler......

So, any feedback on this topic, I will be greatly interested in reading.

Thanks,

Springman

Uh, two wheeled bikes generally don't have big painted fenders protruding on either side! :D

A lot of trikers have some form of protection on their fenders whether it be the factory kit or something aftermarket. Think about it...just throwing a leg over can put a well unintended boot scuff on the fender. Or, if you use the 'stand on the rear footboard' method of boarding, then you have the possibility of scuffing the side cover with your boot as well. Road debris getting thrown up on the fenders, that lone rock.... *shudders* It's cheap protection vs. the dealers paint shop, IMO. ThumbUp

I also haven't used any aftermarket 'protection' on our scoots. When we traded the '09 in on the Freewheeler it had 55,000 miles and 1 tiny rock chip. The dealer gave us full KBB trade in value. Ditto the '11 with 35,000 miles. I treat the Harleys the same as our cars.

With over 42,000 miles on my TG, I do not have a single rock chip anywhere on either rear fender with no protection. I do not have a single chip or scratch on my bare front fender either. I guess I am just lucky??

Uh, two wheeled bikes generally don't have big painted fenders protruding on either side! :D

A lot of trikers have some form of protection on their fenders whether it be the factory kit or something aftermarket. Think about it...just throwing a leg over can put a well unintended boot scuff on the fender. Or, if you use the 'stand on the rear footboard' method of boarding, then you have the possibility of scuffing the side cover with your boot as well. Road debris getting thrown up on the fenders, that lone rock.... *shudders* It's cheap protection vs. the dealers paint shop, IMO. ThumbUp

The funny thing is that in my observations of the trikes I have seen , the exact opposite is true - very few that I every encountered had it. I will admit, it was never my focus in observing them; but, I will be looking closer from now on though.....

Springman

To those who have ridden hundreds of thousands of miles with NO paint chips, are truly lucky!

My first trike (a Lehman Raider) was used. When I asked the seller about all the boot scuffs, he said 3 previous potential buyers wanted to sit on it / take it for a "spin." They ALL hit the fender, either getting on or getting off. They all said "Oh . . . . sorry." and all three didn't buy it. The black boot marks came off, but the scars (impressions in the thin film) never went away. When I waxed it, they was always there.

There was also a stone than want through the film mid-way up the front of my right fender (it MAY have been thrown up from the front tire?). It tore a small hole though the film before exiting. It didn't match the candy apple red paint surrounding it.

At 'bike nights', it was like a magnet ~ anyone (who didn't already own a trike) would ask "What happened here . . . . . .?"

I wished I could have responded - "Lets walk over to your pickup truck, and explain all the paint chips on the front of your hood"?

Installing preventative maintenance NOW, makes it easier LATER to pull over into a gravel parking lot, or follow an unimproved road in Northampton or Monroe Counties with out stopping and turning back.

Drive around the Chicago area and I will guarantee chips in the paint along with a dent in the fender or fairing..There is so much crap on the hwy .. I have seen couches,deer,racoons,tires,personel items,bedroom dresser,etc all over the hwy around here.

I would use some kind of paint protection..You never know when it will happen until you park it..

good luck

the ultimate paint protection
BUBBLE WRAP

no more worries about rock chips, shoe scrapes, or bird poo

Yah, but what about parking and leaving your trike? I would be afraid of all those, like myself, that are addicted to popping bubble wrap......

Seriously though, I may get the film later down the road in the Spring, I just don't know right now.

Springman

Hey Raymond,

I had it installed by my dealer. Reason why....any mistakes were on them. Sure enough when I went in to pick up my bike one piece was missing. They said when the kit came in, that piece was 'creased'. Funny thing is though, they left it up to me to discover it wasn't applied by not telling me up front that there was a problem. It was only after I pointed out the missing piece that I got the 'crease' story. I think the tech installing it screwed it up and they thought maybe they'd sneak it by....:Shrug:
Do you mind telling us what dealer it was?

I installed SeeThroughBraz product little over a year ago and love it. Why !! Cause I can see two big scuffs in the protective film that would have been in my tank other wise and the guys and gals at SeeThrough are a real pleasure to work with.

also picked up a custom windshield trim piece from them that everybody raves about.

8~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png