Howdy From the Texas Hill Country

Scratch

Nov 23, 2014
Canyon Lake
As an aging baby boomer with a real lousy back, the doc finally convinced me to get off two wheels. Since my better half of nearly 44 years likes to ride with me, the decision to convert to three wheels was an easy one. The difficulty was in finding the right trike for our use which is weekend riding through the Texas hills. I studied this and other forums intently and after considering nearly every option, I decided to do the practical thing and start off with the tried and true (although somewhat underpowered, I understand) Suzuki C50 Tramp as our first three wheeler.

On Friday, I formalized a deal to trade my beloved 2011 Honda Shadow Phantom for the trike which is on its way from Dallas to our home, located between San Antonio and Austin. The bike should arrive by Friday and hopefully our Indian Summer will continue, giving us some time to enjoy it before the cold weather arrives next month.

Completed thirty years military service in 1997 then retired (again) from a second career with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in 2010. My wife retired from federal civil service following 20 years serving in various locations. We've always enjoyed road trips and for the last two years have toured several states in an RV, pulling our motorcycle behind the rig on a Kendon three rail trailer. Hoping the Tramp fits the trailer; measurements appear workable. Guess I'll find out this Friday.

Learned a lot from you folks already by monitoring your experiences here and hope to gain more knowledge and wisdom by hanging around here with you.

Scratch sends...

Welcome glad you joined us. Thanks for ya'lls service. Think you will be well satisfied with your new ride. RIDE SAFE

Welcome to the group and thanks for your service. Lots of knowledgeable folks on here. I know we will learn something form you as well. Good luck with the trike. There is a learning curve but you will be smiling all the way.

Steve

Welcome from downtown Central Texas....just up the road from ya! You will love being on 3, I've only been on since this February and I love it! Putting more miles on now than I did the last few years when I was on 2wheels. Hope we can cross paths someday. We will be having lunch in Wimberley on Dec. 20th. Look for trikes at the Wimberley Cafe!

Welcome from downtown Central Texas....just up the road from ya! You will love being on 3, I've only been on since this February and I love it! Putting more miles on now than I did the last few years when I was on 2wheels. Hope we can cross paths someday. We will be having lunch in Wimberley on Dec. 20th. Look for trikes at the Wimberley Cafe!

Howdy Big Juice,

Wimberly is close by. If the weather is good, I'll try to talk the better half into a lunch date in that pretty little setting. Hope to see you soon.

Best to ya...

Welcome from Michigan. We spend time in your Hill Country every winter.
We will be at Medina High Point (formally Koyote Ranch) feb 15-mar 15.
If you get that far south, we would love to ride with other trikes.

Welcome from Michigan. We spend time in your Hill Country every winter.
We will be at Medina High Point (formally Koyote Ranch) feb 15-mar 15.
If you get that far south, we would love to ride with other trikes.

That sounds great! Are you willing to ride with a Buckeye fan? (Originally from Columbus many years ago) ;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png