DFT

Looks like your first post ED. Welcome glad you joined us. Have a member that has a DFT and is very knowledgeable about them and Honda's. His name is John Luciano watch for him. If he does not respond to your post try a PM to him. RIDE SAFE

I've the OEM tires, Kuhmo 21, and am installing new set of Michelin MXV4 tomorrow. Per Roadsmith I run between 28-32 depending on load. I've put about 35 kmiles on the OEM but realize that here in northern Arkansas we wear tires out quicker than normal due to tight twisties and chip&seal road surface.

Any good tire will do. The main thing with a trike is to have a wide open tread so that the tire can disperse water to minimize hydroplaning; trikes are very susceptible to hydroplaning because we have so little weight per square inch of tire on the road.

Wide open tread. Hmm. A new comment. How wide is a wide open tread?

Should have been a comma between wide and open. If you look at tread patterns you will find a noticeable difference in how wide the "channels" are. Also, how large the sipes are that take the water out from under the tire. sorry, don't know how to describe it any better.:Shrug:

Yes DFT rear tires no more than 24 lb . I have no rake and it runs fine on all roads. No shake. 41 lb in front. Keep an eye on that rear brake pad. Takes 20 min. to change if just the pad. If you ruin the disk/ rotor it is a major job. I got 58,000 out of my first set of pads.

DFT owner.

About 4 years ago, I bought Yokohama Avid Envigor, 215/60-16. The reason was that Tirerack rated them high for hydroplaning (IMHO, the most important thing for a trike) and ride.

When I replace them (age, not mileage, of course), I might get the newer Kumho PA31, slightly higher rated by Tirerack for hydroplaning and handling, not quite as good on ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png