proportioning valve for brakes

Reaction score
I'm new to the trike world. Just bought my first suzuki c50 leman tramp to replace my bike after having to have my right leg amputated at the hip. I need to be able to tie both the front and back brake to the front lever in order to use the rear brakes. Ive been all over the net looking for a proportioning valve with no luck. Any one out there have the same problem? Also can it be made to have a reverse for backing out of drive way which is sloped

Hey there, and welcome to TrikeTalk! The valve is something that's been brought up on here before. I'll try to locate the thread for you, but don't worry, there's a lot of knowledgable folks on here who can help you with your questions :). You are in the right place!

welcome aboard disabled rider. Nana is correct someone else has all ready been down this road on this forum about the brakes. She will find the link for you. Can not help you about a reverse for a Suzuki.

I'm new to the trike world. Just bought my first suzuki c50 leman tramp to replace my bike after having to have my right leg amputated at the hip. I need to be able to tie both the front and back brake to the front lever in order to use the rear brakes. Ive been all over the net looking for a proportioning valve with no luck. Any one out there have the same problem? Also can it be made to have a reverse for backing out of drive way which is sloped

Ted Gordon up in BC did a nice job on a Sportster conversion for a double amputee that included a linking of the front/rear brakes. Drop buy his website for contact information and to get in touch with him.

I found him to be very affable and helpful. His web site URL is:

Phoenix Cycle in Victoria B.C Canada

Bob Witte
The Trinity Trike

Hope the above links were of some help to you. There was some research done on the Suzuki C-50 reverse. No one has made one yet.

UB

Welcome disabled rider to the forum from one Oklahoman to another!! Sorry can't help you out with your question... I am the contact person for the TOI chapter here in Oklahoma which is part of the Trike Talk forum if there is any thing I can do to help you out with don't hesitate to give me a shout! Again Welcome!!!

My trike has both front and rear brakes tied into the front brake lever. There was no need for a proportioning valve. I also have an emergency rear brake that can be applied by hand or the heel of my right prosthetic leg. The reason for the 3rd brake is that if something interferes with the operation of the front or rear brake when they are linked together, you have no brakes at all. 2006 Sportster 1200 XL Custom trike. You should be able to find a good independent mechanic in your community that can set up a dual brake system for you. If you would prefer, Kliktronic manufactures a dual lever right hand brake system as well. Google search Kliktronic for more info on their braking set up. Cheers. David in Canada.

Welcome aboard rider!

There are some very expensive front master cylinder conversion kits out there (Kliktronic as mentioned above), but it's not necessary to spend all that $. In most cases....the front MC will operate both, but it may involve disconnection of one of the front calipers, if you have a dual front disc system. At the very most....rear calipers can be down-sized a bit also to bring the ratio in line. It can be done!

Hello, i completed this very same conversion myself 2 years ago on my 10 triglide.
there link is here somewhere and i went nto pretty good detail on how to acomplish this with minimal $s and effort.
My brakes kick ass love just pulling that brake lever.
I am also a right leg above knee amputee, love this trike
Mabey if you ask nice Nana would dig up that post.
:wtg:
Roger

Hello,<br />
<br />
I purchased a 1300S VTX Roadsmith that had both the front and rear brake on the hand brake. This was done for a right leg amputee. This setup worked fine, but I just removed it because I prefer to have the front and rear brake separate. I attached a couple pictures to show how it was setup.<br />
<br />
The first picture is of the line leading from the handlebar mounted master cylinder to the blue residual valve shown at the top of the picture. This leads to a tee. The bottom line goes to the single front brake caliper. The line leading out of the tee goes to the proportioning valve.<br />
<br />
The second picture shows the proportioning valve installed in place of the original rear master cylinder. The right lower line is coming from the tee. The rear to upper line goes to the original rear brake line. The top of this valve turns to vary the braking between front and rear.

Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3663" title="Name:
Views:
Size: ">Attachment 3663</a><br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3664" title="Name:
Views:
Size: ">Attachment 3664</a>

I had a 2002 VTX1800 It had both front and rear brakes on the pedal nice set up. I should have kept that bike.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png