Have you changed out your mirrors?

WindyOne

500+ Posts
Reaction score
Not real happy with stock mirrors. Seems like I see more of my arms than the road. Tried every which way to move them but no real improvement.
If you have changed out your mirrors what ones did you get? Pics and stock numbers are a big plus for this visually addicted guy.

*Thinking of getting the Slipstream mirrors #56000006 Harley has.

The extension kit is the least investment to solve the problem. You can use the HD kit as suggested above or use the kit from Kury.....the advantage of the Kury kit is it moves the mirrors up a little, but it also has a bend in it that moves them out.

Not real happy with stock mirrors. Seems like I see more of my arms than the road. Tried every which way to move them but no real improvement.
If you have changed out your mirrors what ones did you get? Pics and stock numbers are a big plus for this visually addicted guy.

*Thinking of getting the Slipstream mirrors #56000006 Harley has.
Take a look at Rivco.com
I have them on mine and they are FINE!!!!

Every Harley Davidson I've owned has needed mirror extensions to see anything other than my arms through the mirrors.
When I purchased my Tri Glide, I tried to work through the mirror issue, but it was obvious that mirror extensions were needed.
Went to the dealer to purchase the traditional mirror extensions, the parts guy told me about a new extension which moved the mirrors up and out (Part #56000039).
They work but like any new accessory from Harley Davidson, they are pricey.

Don't know the part number, but got them at HD $129.00 They have a spot mirror on the outside.

View attachment 23781

Those are the split-vision mirrors Sully.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know the part number, but got them at HD $129.00 They have a spot mirror on the outside.

View attachment 23781

Those are the split-vision mirrors Sully.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 23781

Sully, those are the split-vision mirrors that I have also.

I have the split vision with the extensions also. Work a lot better than the stock mirrors. I like 'em.

I changed mine on my 12, I bought the long arm mirrors with the gold eagles on them.
they are high I cant see my shoulders or my wife on back.

Every Harley Davidson I've owned has needed mirror extensions to see anything other than my arms through the mirrors.
When I purchased my Tri Glide, I tried to work through the mirror issue, but it was obvious that mirror extensions were needed.
Went to the dealer to purchase the traditional mirror extensions, the parts guy told me about a new extension which moved the mirrors up and out (Part #56000039).
They work but like any new accessory from Harley Davidson, they are pricey.

At first I didn't like the idea of mirror extensions. Then I saw these and think yes they will do the trick. Thanks

Here is link to a thread I posted earlier showing the fairing mounted mirrors that I put on my 14 trike. Had them on for a while and love them. A lot of people posted earlier that the fairing mounted mirrors show nothing but your hands and they did not like them. That is true on Pre 14 trikes but in 14 they changed the mounting location and this is not a problem any longer.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...rs-on-14-trike?p=243788&highlight=#post243788

Every HD I've had I've changed out my handlebars to get the Comfort Triangle set up right.(Butt-Feet-Hands)

Once that was done, I've had no issues with the stock mirrors being useful.

Kevin

I had the split visionn on my two wheeler and was going to put them on the trike but it already had fairing mirrors on it. I like them pretty well. Wife loved the split vision because she culd look in the convex mirrors and see what was behind us. If I go back to them I'll have to get the new mirror extensions tht move you up and out. I need my mirrors not to show so much of my manly shoulders

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.Hammers
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png