Freewheeler Lid Organizer - accessory I would like to Have

Put the organizer on the trunk lid today. I liked LadyonaMission's idea of getting rid of that rather useless piece of material at the top center. Easy enough to do with a razor knife. A quick melting of the loose ends with a lighter sealed the exposed ends. I went a step further and patterned out the raised oval area on the lid and transferred it to the back of the organizer then cut out the Velcro that would be in that area so it would sit flatter against the lid. I did notice that the organizer back on mine is a hard piece of vinyl and not a fiber covered flexible back. Maybe they changed the design a bit. We'll see how long the original Velcro holds up. If/when it fails I'll replace it with the 3M serious stuff. I've got a roll of it around ready if I need it.

IMG_20210910_142243742_HDR.jpg

Replaced the failed original Velcro on the lid organizer with the 3M tape. De-greased everything and laid it out so as to not interfere with the raised areas on the lid. It's been there for three days in some mighty warm weather. I'm carrying my prescription goggles, a rag and my cell phone charger is all at the moment. Didn't want to overload it right off the bat, but I'm hoping for a 700 mile trip this weekend so we'll see. I'm confident that it will stay there with the 3M tape. It's going to be a very useful organizer on the road.

I received a saddleman organizers today. I read the post that some of you changed out the velcro to a heavier duty version.

Question did you change out just the side that attaches to the lid or both sides?

I know this is an old thread .... but just wanted to say that if you have a trunk rack the rack bolts would hold this in place if the organizer could be drilled in the bolt locations and you used some large fender washers.

Bob :Dorag:

Bob I know this is an old thread on these organizers, I have one and ordered the luggage rack that is now on back order. I would like to predrill the holes so I can mount the organizer in place while I wait for the rack to arrive. Would you know what size bolt mounts the rack?

Bob I know this is an old thread on these organizers, I have one and ordered the luggage rack that is now on back order. I would like to predrill the holes so I can mount the organizer in place while I wait for the rack to arrive. Would you know what size bolt mounts the rack?

For what it's worth.....Don't get impatient wait till you have all the pieces in hand...:Shrug:

For what it's worth.....Don't get impatient wait till you have all the pieces in hand...:Shrug:

It isn't so much impatience as I would like to have the holes drilled so I can mount the organizer without having to remove it later to drill the holes.

It isn't so much impatience as I would like to have the holes drilled so I can mount the organizer without having to remove it later to drill the holes.

Suppose the rack never comes in...IE' Not available any more ,Or the holes don't match up...Different company manufacturing the racks now..?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png