• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Freewheeler Lid Organizer - accessory I would like to Have

I want a beverage warmer/cooler and a nut massager...:D

I like that lid organizer, just have to be careful not to drop the lid and have the stuff in the organizer get smashed/broken if coming into contact with full trunk!

Followup on Saddleman (Part# 3516-0151), as mentioned back on 4/8 did install it on my freewheeler and my wife's Tri, cleaned all surfaces, applied tape with temperature in the low 70's low humidity, didn't attached pouch until after 48 hours to let glue set, etc etc. Both worked great until just recently, several rides with temps near 100 and over, and higher then normal humidity for CA. A week ago opened wife trunk at start of another trip to have it fall off, then 2nd day into the trip same thing happened to mine. Occurring within 3 months of install not good.

Both are sitting on the shelf, while reviewing non glue methods (and other vendor options) for storage of small items on both bikes, less of an issue on the tri with the top trunk.

Hope others have better results then we did.

My organizer did the same thing. Where I live is pretty hot and the second day mine fell off. After it fell off a couple of times I replaced the Velcro with some super industrial strength Velcro I bought at Walmart and for four months now it has stayed on.

Sunman

I usually use gorlia glue with the loop fasteners. Never had a problem. The red 3m double sided tape will also work. Add pressure to keep it secure and let it cure over night. Heat helps for it to stay stuck good.

I have kuryakyn on my street glide it is too wide to fit.

Followup on Saddleman (Part# 3516-0151), as mentioned back on 4/8 did install it on my freewheeler and my wife's Tri, cleaned all surfaces, applied tape with temperature in the low 70's low humidity, didn't attached pouch until after 48 hours to let glue set, etc etc. Both worked great until just recently, several rides with temps near 100 and over, and higher then normal humidity for CA. A week ago opened wife trunk at start of another trip to have it fall off, then 2nd day into the trip same thing happened to mine. Occurring within 3 months of install not good.

Both are sitting on the shelf, while reviewing non glue methods (and other vendor options) for storage of small items on both bikes, less of an issue on the tri with the top trunk.

Hope others have better results then we did.

I know this is an old thread .... but just wanted to say that if you have a trunk rack the rack bolts would hold this in place if the organizer could be drilled in the bolt locations and you used some large fender washers.

Bob :Dorag:

I bought industrial strength Velcro for mine, but the organizer wouldn't stick to it until Jerry AKA Gold Rush stitched the outer edges of the organizer to the Velcro. He used a tiny drill bit with a Dremel tool to make holes then used an upholstery needle and nylon thread, which I believe was fishing line.

It has stayed in place and is very handy. :cloud9:

I also have the Saddleman trunk liners which I really like. The organizer is super handy for my small must have items. I am sure you will really enjoy having both of them.

Ride safe and have fun.

Lola

I realize this is an old thread but it helped me with my purchase and installation of one of these trunk lid organizers.

I did replace the Velcro with a much stronger 3M very high bond dual lock tape.

It holds everything in place very securely.

Like others the fit is tight but as you can see in the attached photo it will fit.

Hopefully this helps someone who may also be thinking of buying one of these.

Attachments

• 3M Dual Lock Tape.jpg
    3M Dual Lock Tape.jpg
    824.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Trunk Lid Organizer.jpg
    Trunk Lid Organizer.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 66
No. It was more like a hard fiberboard. It is not rigid and flexes easily.

And that 3M tape holds to it? That's good stuff, I use it to hold the GPS on my gas tank, but it generally doesn't hold well to fibrous materials.

And that 3M tape holds to it? That's good stuff, I use it to hold the GPS on my gas tank, but it generally doesn't hold well to fibrous materials.

I used that tape, just tacked it to the organizer in a few places with fishing line and a needle. I used a tiny drill bit with a Dremel to punch holes. When I took it out of my 2015 FLRT I used new tape on the lid of my 2020, didn't have to replace any of the tape on the back of the organizer.

I used that tape, just tacked it to the organizer in a few places with fishing line and a needle. I used a tiny drill bit with a Dremel to punch holes. When I took it out of my 2015 FLRT I used new tape on the lid of my 2020, didn't have to replace any of the tape on the back of the organizer.

Brilliant! I'm sold. I'll be getting one of these this afternoon. Thanks.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png