ultimate king rider seat

Just taken delivery of a ultimate king rider seat, for a 2006 gl1800 with a California side car cobra xl kit trike ,with Auxiliary fuel tank, having a problem with the seat fitting properly, the bolts holes on the seat , don't line up with the bikes frame holes. Has anyone encountered this problem, if so what was your solution. All advice welcome.

Just taken delivery of a ultimate king rider seat, for a 2006 gl1800 with a California side car cobra xl kit trike ,with Auxiliary fuel tank, having a problem with the seat fitting properly, the bolts holes on the seat , don't line up with the bikes frame holes. Has anyone encountered this problem, if so what was your solution. All advice welcome.

Putting it on the first time is sometimes a pain.... suggestion.... use long thin bladed phillips or flat screwdrivers to line up the holes and once in line you can then see which way to push on the seat. Remove screwdrivers one at a time as you get the seat bolts started.... ThumbUp

Even taking off the stock seat for the first time can cause the same problem.
I put a angle on the bolts at the end so it would line up easier.

Do OEM seats come off easier the 2nd. time? I had a flasher added by my dealership on my taillights, and he had to take my seat off for the first time last summer.

Answer is: NO....They never get any easier to take on and off. Even using a medium phillips head screwdriver to line up the bolt holes is a hit and miss deal but thats what I do to get them lined up, it just takes time and its really aggravating as he77. Best is to get the wingstuff tapered bolts.

I bought a set of tapered bolts from Wing Stuff and haven't had a problem since. I actually don't mind taking the seat off anymore. I do take the passenger seat back off though, it does make things a tad bit easier.
Those two screws alleviate a lot of frustration. IMHO

I have had a few aftermarket custom seats, Hartco on this trike, Diamond on the last one. Also talked to other folks and most say that the aftermarket seats especially are a bear to install. The bolt holes don't seem to to line up as well on most non-OEM seats. I took a grinder to the seat bolts to taper them, and that helps a lot. The bolts still don't line up exactly, but with some pushing on the seat they go in a lot easier than they did. The silver ones pictured, from Wingstuff, look like my mod, the dark ones are from Chromeworld.

Attachments

• GL1800_Seat_Bolts_15.jpg
    GL1800_Seat_Bolts_15.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 273
  • gl1800 seat bolts.png
    gl1800 seat bolts.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 110
I understand Now, why they call it ultimate king rider seat, at 6feet 1inch 285lbs solve my problems , increased my leg room and took the pressure off my knees exactly what I needed. Better quality seat than the stock seat. Little difficult to install, but well worth it !!!! I would like to give special thanks to Russell at ultimate seats for his professionalism !! THANKS.

I was told by the engineer at diamond seat to tuck the outside end of the rubber bushings that the bolt goes through into the bolt holes. He said it gives you more wiggle room and once the bolts are lined up tap the end with a small hammer and the bushing will pop out. I haven't tried it but it made sense.

Just got off the phone with Libby with ultimate seats ordered Ultimate king seat with back rest going to be red ostrich inlay and black ostrich for the rest hope it is as good as people say if not still have my original one

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png