Question on exhaust

Aug 26, 2014
Windham Ohio
I have seen V/H and a few others sell a small mid pipe for trikes to get the mufflers back more,well the tri glide has one on it stock, cant I just re use it when I put on a new head pipe and mufflers?It looks just like the aftermarket ones I have seen.and mine has no miles on it yet,just got it home yesterday now waiting for spring.I want to have the exhaust done by spring.

I have seen V/H and a few others sell a small mid pipe for trikes to get the mufflers back more,well the tri glide has one on it stock, cant I just re use it when I put on a new head pipe and mufflers?It looks just like the aftermarket ones I have seen.and mine has no miles on it yet,just got it home yesterday now waiting for spring.I want to have the exhaust done by spring.

The factory head pipe is all welded, no clamps. The section of pipe your referring to is one piece and welded into the fat section where the catalytic converter is located. In the picture below is the stock head pipe and a Fuelmoto Jackpot head pipe, the Fuelmoto pipe has the extension clamped on.

fmpipe1.jpg

The factory head pipe is all welded, no clamps. The section of pipe your referring to is one piece and welded into the fat section where the catalytic converter is located. In the picture below is the stock head pipe and a Fuelmoto Jackpot head pipe, the Fuelmoto pipe has the extension clamped on.

View attachment 24290

My 2015 is not welded on the 2 short pieces of pipe they are clamped,I laid under it to take a look after posting this,I aslo sent a message to V/H and they said on the new T/G you can re use the factory pipe.That saves me a few extras bucks.

My 2015 is not welded on the 2 short pieces of pipe they are clamped,I laid under it to take a look after posting this,I aslo sent a message to V/H and they said on the new T/G you can re use the factory pipe.That saves me a few extras bucks.

Interesting, I'm surprised Harley did this. They don't normally add cost to a part they already have produced, unless it has a design update due to a flaw. It would be interesting to see pictures of these pieces, could you get some and post them for others to see?

I have to apologize msocko3 you was correct it is welded on the one side,I crawled under it and the clamp I seen earlier was for the heat shield,the pipe for the left side is welded.I dont understand why they would clamp one side and weld the other.It looks just like the picture you posted.So much for saving a few bucks.I will send a message back to V/H to let them know that the new Tri Glide still need the mid pipes.Any head pipe will fit onto there mid pipe correct?Im fixing to place a order and want to make sure I get everything I need.Im going with the Cobra Powerport Dual Head pipe,{I like that it looks like true duals}and V/H Slash Cut Slip on Mufflers.So will the V/H mid pipe fit the Cobra Head pipe?

I have to apologize msocko3 you was correct it is welded on the one side,I crawled under it and the clamp I seen earlier was for the heat shield,the pipe for the left side is welded.I dont understand why they would clamp one side and weld the other.It looks just like the picture you posted.So much for saving a few bucks.I will send a message back to V/H to let them know that the new Tri Glide still need the mid pipes.Any head pipe will fit onto there mid pipe correct?Im fixing to place a order and want to make sure I get everything I need.Im going with the Cobra Powerport Dual Head pipe,{I like that it looks like true duals}and V/H Slash Cut Slip on Mufflers.So will the V/H mid pipe fit the Cobra Head pipe?

Not every head pipe will fit the extension, the head pipe has to be the same diameter as the extension. I don't know if those pipes will work or not. If they do work you will need 2 of the extensions because the cross over pipe on a 2 wheel bagger and a Triglide are 2 different lengths. You may have to talk with Cobra to see they will fit.

Reading your Message on pipes for your Triglide. I installed the V&H complete true duals and exhaust that fit tight up under the Trunk and love the sound and fit. You may want to look at VH's setup. They may be alittle cheaper also. just my 2cents worth.:Coffee:

The reason I wanted to go with the cobra powerport head pipe is that it looks like True Duals but with a cross pipe that joins the 2 on the back of the pipes,its like the V/H power duals for dressers but looks better,I Think anyway. I had the V/H power duals on my 2013 Limited and it preformed very well and sounded great but I didnt like the look of it.I know exhaust like the power duals preform better.I know cobra does not offer that mid pipe,V/H and Kuryakyn offer it and Im guessing V/H makes the one for Kuryakyn,not sure if anyone else makes one,and Im not sure what size diameter the pipe is.I will make a few phone calls and find out what the diameter is.or to make it easier on myself maybe Ill just go with the V/H true duals.The true duals http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/16749/ with these mufflers http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/16741/ I had those mufflers on a few bikes now and I really like the look and sound. :D

The reason I wanted to go with the cobra powerport head pipe is that it looks like True Duals but with a cross pipe that joins the 2 on the back of the pipes,its like the V/H power duals for dressers but looks better,I Think anyway. I had the V/H power duals on my 2013 Limited and it preformed very well and sounded great but I didnt like the look of it.I know exhaust like the power duals preform better.I know cobra does not offer that mid pipe,V/H and Kuryakyn offer it and Im guessing V/H makes the one for Kuryakyn,not sure if anyone else makes one,and Im not sure what size diameter the pipe is.I will make a few phone calls and find out what the diameter is.or to make it easier on myself maybe Ill just go with the V/H true duals.The true duals http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/16749/ with these mufflers http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/16741/ I had those mufflers on a few bikes now and I really like the look and sound. :D

The only problem with the V&H true duels or what they call Dresser duels is the the loss of bottom end torque in the 2,000 - 3,000 rpm range. They also had some issues with the O2 sensor placement on the Dresser duels, some dyno operators were having a tough time tuning them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png