Triker Riders in Florida in March

FRR

Oct 12, 2012
Batavia Ohio
Do we have any Goldwing Trike riders that will be staying at The Villages in Florida during the month of March? It would be nice to meet some folks that may want to ride a little.

Thanks..
There are some trikers at The Villages, they just need to read your request.
Been there visiting w/o the trike, and saw trikes there. Good luck!

Rosy

Do we have any Goldwing Trike riders that will be staying at The Villages in Florida during the month of March? It would be nice to meet some folks that may want to ride a little.

Send an e-mail to.....
larryketzel@yahoo.com who is the current vice president of The Villages Goldwings but we will have new officers after the 1st of the year. I'm sure they will let you ride as a guest and they have 2 rides a week. Also get on Gl1800riders.com on the Florida forum and we also have about 2 to 4 rides a week. The Villages Wingers usually have about 70 % trikes.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Send an e-mail to.....
larryketzel@yahoo.com who is the current vice president of The Villages Goldwings but we will have new officers after the 1st of the year. I'm sure they will let you ride as a guest and they have 2 rides a week. Also get on Gl1800riders.com on the Florida forum and we also have about 2 to 4 rides a week. The Villages Wingers usually have about 70 % trikes.

<tbody>
</tbody>

I appreciated your suggestion. I did email the gentleman you suggested, he sent it to someone else who emailed me with a rather curt response. He said in order to ride with them I must join the club, pay $15.00 and sign a liability form. That was it. Nothing about "glad to have you" or "welcome" or anything like that. Doesn't sound like the friendliness of a group. Think I'll just pass, but thanks for the information.

I've never been to The Villages, but I really hope the folks down there are more friendly than the response I got.

:AGGHH: Other than riding in charity rides don't know that I've ever been asked to pay . Put that 15.00 in gas and have a great few hundred miles on your own ,,,good luck with that .:D WOW!!!!!

I'm sure someone will take offense to this, but isn't it interesting how often the "President", "Vice President" and their hand off to officers seem to get some sort of a power trip going. That's why we've never had any. Some say we are not well staffed or organized enough, and that may be true, but somehow we have managed to pull off some pretty nice gatherings without the formality or hierarchy.

There are several real nice folks living in that area that I'm sure would love to have a chance to ride with you. I will PM you some friends contact info who I've hung out with that know the area well and are super cool folks..

I appreciated your suggestion. I did email the gentleman you suggested, he sent it to someone else who emailed me with a rather curt response. He said in order to ride with them I must join the club, pay $15.00 and sign a liability form. That was it. Nothing about "glad to have you" or "welcome" or anything like that. Doesn't sound like the friendliness of a group. Think I'll just pass, but thanks for the information.

I've never been to The Villages, but I really hope the folks down there are more friendly than the response I got.

Sorry FRR, I don't know who answered you. Your best bet is watch GL1800riders.com on the Florida forum for rides to pop up. We don't really ride in a group since riders came from all directions and meet at the restaurant for a RTE (ride to eat). I especially like this best since I can take any route I want and ride however fast or slow I want. I hate riding in large groups with group leaders and tail gunners and riding 5 mph below the speed limit backing up traffic who want to pass but can't since the group is more then a 1/4 mile long.
There are several of us on that forum that live in and around The Villages and we will meet at a location for the ride to the restaurant. Watch the forum often since many rides will pop up at the spur of the moment. Everyone is welcome to ride with us and ride whatever they like.
When you get here feel free to contact me for help or we can do our own ride.

Thanks folks, I appreciate your comments. I will check that GL1800 riders site when it gets closer to the time to leave. I have never been able to travel in the Winter so I am especially looking forward to going this year. I'm counting the days!

I don't have a Goldwing, but I winter in The Villages and now have a BMW/Hannigan trike conversion. I'm always looking for a ride.

There is also a Villages Motorcycle Club called The Village Nomads. They ride two or more times a week. Lots of trikes and plenty of them Goldwings. I believe (but I'm not positive) that if you are a renter or a visitor with a guest pass you can ride with the club.

Let me know if you want to hook up.

I don't have a Goldwing, but I winter in The Villages and now have a BMW/Hannigan trike conversion. I'm always looking for a ride.

There is also a Villages Motorcycle Club called The Village Nomads. They ride two or more times a week. Lots of trikes and plenty of them Goldwings. I believe (but I'm not positive) that if you are a renter or a visitor with a guest pass you can ride with the club.

Let me know if you want to hook up.

Thanks for the information. I'll certainly keep this post and contact you once I get down there and figure out where I am. I checked your profile........One nice looking ride. :)

Another good reason not to retire at the Village's. Think I'll keep looking in the Leesburg area for our future retirement community. When we ride it's alone or with good friends that are interested in the ride and time spent with friends just out for a good time. When we get down there just look me up, we will be happy to ride with you.

p.s. Don't have a wing, but I think we can keep up:laugh:

Egads, you mean it's exclusive to the Village residents?

I live in The Villages and ride sometimes with The Villages Wingers that have over 200 members but I also do much riding with others that have no connection to The Villages, which is Gl1800 riders.com, Florida forum. The Prowlers. The Villages is a private community of over 107,000 residents and they can make whatever rules they wish. The wingers say you must ride a Goldwing. The other club, Nomads, in The Villages with over 300 members say you must own a motorcycle and not a scooter. They are about 85% Harleys. Now there is a new Blue Knights club going strong. Of course they say you must have been a leo to join. This community has over 2000 clubs of about everything you could image and being bored would be almost impossible. This is the largest retirement community in the world.
I prefer to not ride in large groups and choose to do RTE's with the Prowlers....

GL1800riders.com....Florida forum.
Also, I believe the rules for the Wingers have been clarified and guests can ride without paying to be a member but must sign a liability release form to satisfy their insurance company.

I ride with the Village Nomads from time to time and find them very friendly. I've enjoyed riding with them and with smaller groups of members I've met through the club.
The Nomads break into small ride groups, which works well.
We have been Snowbirds in The Villages for three winters and have really enjoyed it. As Shimpy says, you just can't be bored here.
I find the cost of living here reasonable and much less expensive than other places I've stayed in Florida.
Real estate in The Villages, however, is more expensive than most surrounding communities and the developer works hard to protect residents' investments. So, if you are an organized Villages club or organization using Villages facilities, residents of the surrounding three counties can't participate. I understand and respect that policy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png