FLRT Seat

Sunman

900+ Posts
Reaction score
OK, after only 2 days I can say the FLRT seat is crap. From what I can see in the Harley parts book there is only one seat for the FLRT and it is a Sundowner. It only has an 11" Passenger width. I know the FLRT is just out but has anyone come up with a different seat option for the FLRT? This could be a bad deal for my wife (and therefore me).

Sunman

I was able to mount the Mustang seat I have on the TG to the FLRT at the dealership yesterday. It mounts fine, but doesn't actually "fit" the FLRT. Hoping to get an answer from Mustang in the next few days as to if they will have a seat for this (more like when). The HD Sundowner is an OK seat though.

I was able to mount the Mustang seat I have on the TG to the FLRT at the dealership yesterday. It mounts fine, but doesn't actually "fit" the FLRT. Hoping to get an answer from Mustang in the next few days as to if they will have a seat for this (more like when). The HD Sundowner is an OK seat though.

I am a big fan of Mustang seats and had over 100K on 2 different Harleys.

How did it not fit? Would the back rest work with it? I have the standard HD backrest with the factory FLRT seat.

Thanks,

Sunman

When I have time in the future I will put it back on, take a picture and post it for you. Just look at how narrow the rear of the OEM seat is. Then look at a Mustang touring seat.

I have the 'Tallboy' seat on mine and I believe there are a few others available? Look at the picture in my signature and you can see the passenger pillion is way more substantial than stock.

I have the 'Tallboy' seat on mine and I believe there are a few others available? Look at the picture in my signature and you can see the passenger pillion is way more substantial than stock.

The only one listed for the FLRT that is in the Harley Catalog is a Sundowner Seat. Did you try different seats on at the dealer until you found one you liked?

Sunman

The only one listed for the FLRT that is in the Harley Catalog is a Sundowner Seat. Did you try different seats on at the dealer until you found one you liked?

Sunman

No, I got the idea for mine from their online shopping for Freewheelers.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/shop...=10755|showFacets=true|userSelected=category2

I see now that they are more limited in choice than I originally thought...

Here's a link to all Freewheeler accessories.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/shop...ope=-99&modelName=Freewheeler&savedmodelCode=

No, I got the idea for mine from their online shopping for Freewheelers.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/shop...=10755|showFacets=true|userSelected=category2

I see now that they are more limited in choice than I originally thought...

Here's a link to all Freewheeler accessories.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/shop...ope=-99&modelName=Freewheeler&savedmodelCode=

Interesting. I didn't know that the Tallboy seat would fit the FLRT since the passenger part is so much wider than the stock seat. Did you have any problems getting it to fit with the Passenger backrest or did it bolt right on?

Sunman

Interesting. I didn't know that the Tallboy seat would fit the FLRT since the passenger part is so much wider than the stock seat. Did you have any problems getting it to fit with the Passenger backrest or did it bolt right on?

Sunman

No problem what so ever.

It looks like the seat rides quite a bit higher on the console than it does on the Triglide. I'm betting the Freewheeler uses a Road King seat since it looks like it has the Road King console. The Road King seat has a shorter nose section due to the longer console.

Tall Boy Seat

OK, after only 2 days I can say the FLRT seat is crap. From what I can see in the Harley parts book there is only one seat for the FLRT and it is a Sundowner. It only has an 11" Passenger width. I know the FLRT is just out but has anyone come up with a different seat option for the FLRT? This could be a bad deal for my wife (and therefore me).

Sunman

For the record, the HD Tallboy seat fits, and I have it on my FW.

FLT Seats

Try Corbin seats, they have one for the Free and it looks great. They can custom make it in several types of colors and leather combinations. Their customer service is second to none. Just google Corbin.

Try Corbin seats, they have one for the Free and it looks great. They can custom make it in several types of colors and leather combinations. Their customer service is second to none. Just google Corbin.
I went with Corbin and am VERY happy with it. They can also sit you higher and move you back if you need. This is what I did.

Sunman

I have the tallboy also. It fits great, but i would still like more room.

Since my original post I have purchased a Mustang seat and rider's backrest. I have had it for about 5,000 miles and am very happy with it. Before Mustang brought out a seat for the Freewheeler I bought a Sundowner seat. After about 500 miles I had a gel pad inserted in it but it still wasn't comfortable enough. As soon as Mustang brought out a seat I bought it. I have had Mustang seats on other bikes and they have always been excellent.

Sunman

Since my original post I have purchased a Mustang seat and rider's backrest. I have had it for about 5,000 miles and am very happy with it. Before Mustang brought out a seat for the Freewheeler I bought a Sundowner seat. After about 500 miles I had a gel pad inserted in it but it still wasn't comfortable enough. As soon as Mustang brought out a seat I bought it. I have had Mustang seats on other bikes and they have always been excellent.

Sunman

i was looking at them myself, which one did you buy ? I'm short armed and was wondering if the seat that puts you 2" closer would be for me thanks

i was looking at them myself, which one did you buy ? I'm short armed and was wondering if the seat that puts you 2" closer would be for me thanks

I ordered the standard one that has the same position as the OEM seat. I did not need to be closer.

Sunman

Short Seat

For the record, the HD Tallboy seat fits, and I have it on my FW.

Same for the forward reach seat for shorter folks. Fit the FLRT fine and did push me up into the bars eliminating the back ache BUT it is made for 2-wheels and cut narrow so one can put their feet down. This made it hard on my behind so I went back to the sundowner with adjustable backrest set well forward. Naturally YMMV with body shape.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you in central Florida. Space Coast HD will let you try a Harley Forward Reach Seat. I found it tooo narrow but it would give you an idea of how being forward 2 inches works.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png