Front wheel swap?

Have been doing some homework on this...now I have a 15 Tri Glide and have just got a 15 Street Glide w/ABS front wheel to replace my front after I pick up the rear Freewheeler wheels...what I have found out I can use the wheel with the ABS bearings without changing them out...the problem is with the rotors...you will have to swap your rotors...the Freewheeler and the Street Glide use the 19" Enforcer wheel with different rotors and calipers...hope this helps ...

Have been doing some homework on this...now I have a 15 Tri Glide and have just got a 15 Street Glide w/ABS front wheel to replace my front after I pick up the rear Freewheeler wheels...what I have found out I can use the wheel with the ABS bearings without changing them out...the problem is with the rotors...you will have to swap your rotors...the Freewheeler and the Street Glide use the 19" Enforcer wheel with different rotors and calipers...hope this helps ...

Well give me a C- on my homework...the rotors have a different bolt pattern and bolt different all together... now am told that the St Glide wheel will bolt right up to the Tri Glide...we will see in the spring...it is a wonder someone has not corrected me on this before now...

Well I did it today...:pepper::pepper::pepper:...Street Glide front wheel on Miss Mysterious...19" wheel has cleaner narrow rotor...
When I was test riding it reminded me of when I tested a Freewheeler...the steering was a lot easier...
Will remove in a week or so and send it to Willy Shiny...

Attachments

• SG 1.jpg
    SG 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 132
  • SG 2.jpg
    SG 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 135
Well I did it today...:pepper::pepper::pepper:...Street Glide front wheel on Miss Mysterious...19" wheel has cleaner narrow rotor...
When I was test riding it reminded me of when I tested a Freewheeler...the steering was a lot easier...
Will remove in a week or so and send it to Willy Shiny...

Nice job. Sure looks nice up there. Should be really great once back from the chrome shop.

Well I did it today...:pepper::pepper::pepper:...Street Glide front wheel on Miss Mysterious...19" wheel has cleaner narrow rotor... When I was test riding it reminded me of when I tested a Freewheeler...the steering was a lot easier... Will remove in a week or so and send it to Willy Shiny...

Those wheels look real good on the TriGlide Rick...I always liked the look of the Street Glide Wheels. ThumbUp

Those wheels look real good on the TriGlide Rick...I always liked the look of the Street Glide Wheels. ThumbUp

SG and FW wheels are the Enforcer wheel but with different rotors and different bolt patterns...
So a rotor swap is not possible...
Zook what has me stumped is why the 19" wheel made the Tri steer lighter...when I rode a FW I thought the steering was lighter because it didn't have the fairing...

- - - Updated - - -

Nice job. Sure looks nice up there. Should be really great once back from the chrome shop.

Thanks Gorilla but I now have to put all other mods on hold other a good tuning to be able to order the rear matching chrome FW wheels...

SG and FW wheels are the Enforcer wheel but with different rotors and different bolt patterns...
So a rotor swap is not possible...
Zook what has me stumped is why the 19" wheel made the Tri steer lighter...when I rode a FW I thought the steering was lighter because it didn't have the fairing...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Gorilla but I now have to put all other mods on hold other a good tuning to be able to order the rear matching chrome FW wheels...

I really like the look ... guessing by being 19" ... adds a little "false rake" to the tg ... might be worth doing this to fat bottom girl ... how's the ride? Lower profile tire, is it rougher?

- - - Updated - - -

One question ... mind if I ask total cost?

I really like the look ... guessing by being 19" ... adds a little "false rake" to the tg ... might be worth doing this to fat bottom girl ... how's the ride? Lower profile tire, is it rougher?

- - - Updated - - -

One question ... mind if I ask total cost?

Fuzzy to me I could not tell any difference in ride...just has power steering now to me...I was going to do a rake kit from Zook later on but don't feel the need now...I do have the DK Comfort Lift and that made it become a Lincoln instead of a Corvette (but that is another story)...
Cost??? I took a gamble and bought a take off SGS front wheel with 300 miles on it for $458. shipped...so now I will do a wheel exchange with Willy Shiny...also order the rears from the MOCO...I did all of this only for the SG front narrow rotors...will be doing an Arlen Ness type smooth front end also...hope this helps...

So you needed the SG Wheel, rotors, Calipers and wheel install kit? Basically all the front wheel stuff?

No wheel install kit... did install non ABS bearings...running Tri calipers...

Fuzzy you have me in a corner so I will have to tell you to do this at your own risk !!!

CONS: I do not know yet if the SG caliper will work on the Tri...you will have to take a closer look at my caliper and SG rotor... the caliper does overlap the rotor by an 1/16"...it is polishing the lower part or the rotor with no catching...and we replace our break pads before they are at the point of metal to metal...
With that said I say what if that break pad ever came apart and caught the lower part of the rotor...I would not believe it would lock up with just an 1/16" grabbing but who can say for sure...
In testing I did really hard breaking on front wheel...even coming to a hard stop from 60mph front break only and as hard as I could at 25mph...I feel safe with it...

Attachments

• SG 2.jpg
    SG 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 86
No wheel install kit... did install non ABS bearings...running Tri calipers...

Fuzzy you have me in a corner so I will have to tell you to do this at your own risk !!!

CONS: I do not know yet if the SG caliper will work on the Tri...you will have to take a closer look at my caliper and SG rotor... the caliper does overlap the rotor by an 1/16"...it is polishing the lower part or the rotor with no catching...and we replace our break pads before they are at the point of metal to metal...
With that said I say what if that break pad ever came apart and caught the lower part of the rotor...I would not believe it would lock up with just an 1/16" grabbing but who can say for sure...
In testing I did really hard breaking on front wheel...even coming to a hard stop from 60mph front break only and as hard as I could at 25mph...I feel safe with it...

I will now take a step backwards...Harley website...the polished rotor lists for the Tri also and the chrome calipers lists for all touring 08-15...should have researched it more and could have got everything in chrome to start with...

Wasn't trying to get you in the corner, would never do that ... I really like the look and power steering sounds really good ... I think I'll talk to my tech first ... I trust Tony a lot. Might even let him do it ... that way I'm covered ... LOL

Wasn't trying to get you in the corner, would never do that ... I really like the look and power steering sounds really good ... I think I'll talk to my tech first ... I trust Tony a lot. Might even let him do it ... that way I'm covered ... LOL

Just didn't want to tell you wrong when I was trying something that Harley says no to ...

Rick,did you get the FLRT wheels,yet? Were you going to buy the chrome ones from H-D?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png