Which Vetter Fairing?

Reaction score
Hi Y'all, I'm thinking about a vetter fairing for my home made trike. It has an '84 Yamaha Virago front end,and some folks here have suggested that it is probably an 1100 or so because of dual disc and 38mm legs. I am mechanically declined and have no idea myself, but I believe them. I've looked at several on the computer, most seem to be on ebay. A lot of GL1100 and several for Honda 650 to 900s. Any ideas on how I can tell if any of the fairings and mounts are interchangeable? My rake is not the stock angle, but I figure I can fix any air flow with home made lowers. I'll be greatful for any info.
Thanks for your time

Vetter still has a website which explains the mounting technique for their vintage fairings. The mounting bracket determines which bike it will fit. Someone gave me an old Vetter fairing and mounting bracket years ago, the bracket isn't marked, I have no idea what it fits. I have plans to add it to the trike someday and have a suspicion that I'll end up having to modify the bracket or make a new one.
Untitled-2.jpg

As I recall, having mounted several of these for friends, the bracket is the determining factor as to what bike it fits. The brackets mount to the down tubes of the bike and obviously, the fairing then mounts on the bracket.
You will most likely need to fabricate a bracket for your trike.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png