Tri Wing conversions

Pegasus1300

5250+ Posts
Oct 30, 2011
Spring City,Utah, USA
Who is running a Tri Wing conversion on their Honda or Yamaha Trike.What did you think of the quality?Were there any issues as you were building? Did you do it yourself or have it done.

I had 05 Yamaha RSV I bought new and then triked it with a Tri-Wing kit in 07. Drove it to fall of 12 when I got T-boned by a cage. I built it my self over the winter & had it ready to go by spring. Overall the kit was pretty good but could use improvements as some things I thought were dated. Those being brakes & suspension. It uses a solid axle which does give a rougher ride over an independent type. I had intensions of converting it to a link bar system like rear wheel drive cars use. The 05 was totaled so never got that far. I did put on over 35,000 on the Tri-Wing/RSV during the time I owned it & enjoyed every mile.
I replaced the 05 with a 09RSV / Hannigan. Need more detailed info pm or e-mail me.
Larry

Hi Larry

Thanks for the reply. I knew you had Venture Trike before the Hannigan Venture but I didn't know which conversion kit you had. My current Honda 1500 TriKing is also a solid axle so I am aware of their short comings. Current conversion also has drum brakes on the rear. I was mostly concerned about the overall quality of the supplied hardware and the fiberglass body. BTW did you have to get it painted or does it come color matched?

Hi Larry

Thanks for the reply. I knew you had Venture Trike before the Hannigan Venture but I didn't know which conversion kit you had. My current Honda 1500 TriKing is also a solid axle so I am aware of their short comings. Current conversion also has drum brakes on the rear. I was mostly concerned about the overall quality of the supplied hardware and the fiberglass body. BTW did you have to get it painted or does it come color matched?

they come unpainted, no tires or wheels. mine was a snap to do. just take your time and measure twice as you go along.

Yea to what Jones is saying. When I cut out the mid-section for the fame I followed the bikes contour leaving a 1/2" gap all around, also closed off some openings with sheet metal for a neater more professional look.
Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png