What One Man Can Do, Another Can Do!

Reaction score
Finally drummed up the courage to install my DK Comfort Lift kit I bought last fall. Remember the 1997 movie The Edge where Anthony Hopkins is trying to convince Alec Baldwin that they could kill the Grizzly bear. He kept saying over and over ... "What one man can do, another can do."

That's what I kept telling myself and, like in the movie, it actually went O.K. It took me 4 hours, mostly because I forgot to put the thread lockers on for the first side and had to take the bolts off, apply the right thread locker, align everything up, and then tighten again. Also, being retired, I do everything at my own super slow pace.

The test drive was great! There is definitely a noticeable difference in the steering (for the better) and there doesn't seem to be near as much jiggling over bumps. The ride has definitely improved. I also like the new look over the top of the windscreen. At 5'9", the screen seemed to tall before, now it's just about perfect. $ 125 seems like a bargain for such a well engineered and produced product.

Only thing left to do is the headlight adjustment. Oh well, there's still a lot of winter days left for that.

Finally drummed up the courage to install my DK Comfort Lift kit I bought last fall. Remember the 1997 movie The Edge where Anthony Hopkins is trying to convince Alec Baldwin that they could kill the Grizzly bear. He kept saying over and over ... "What one man can do, another can do."

That's what I kept telling myself and, like in the movie, it actually went O.K. It took me 4 hours, mostly because I forgot to put the thread lockers on for the first side and had to take the bolts off, apply the right thread locker, align everything up, and then tighten again. Also, being retired, I do everything at my own super slow pace.

The test drive was great! There is definitely a noticeable difference in the steering (for the better) and there doesn't seem to be near as much jiggling over bumps. The ride has definitely improved. I also like the new look over the top of the windscreen. At 5'9", the screen seemed to tall before, now it's just about perfect. $ 125 seems like a bargain for such a well engineered and produced product.

Only thing left to do is the headlight adjustment. Oh well, there's still a lot of winter days left for that.

Yep..ThumbUp. When Dennis first came out with his lifts, There were a lot of Naysayers, on this and other Forum's saying No way can they improve the steering/handling..
And I would say to them... Like Yogi said ; You can Observe a lot just by Looking..
Or to Paraphrase; Just by trying...

ThumbUpThumbUp,,,FANTASTIC ,,,,Before retirement I did most my for for 2 reasons

1 I enjoy working on my bike
2 I enjoyed keeping the money

Now after retirement I still do it for 2 reasons

1 got more time and still enjoy it
2 I have to keep my money :D:D:D:D:D:D

So don't stop now just keep doing that work !!!!!!!!!!ThumbUp

Good to hear you got the Comfort Lift installed and are enjoying it! :)

I know what you mean about going at your own pace. I like to take my time as well...Always better safe than sorry....plus, I just don't move as quickly as I used to. :D

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png