bike to trike conversion kit HELP !!!!

Jan 22, 2015
Staunton,Va USA
I bought a conversion kit for my Softail Deluxe and it has no instructions and the person I bought it from sent a few pictures of the body with the frame lying on it but that's all . If anyone has instruction for a Softail conversion or pictures that would help me with mounting the body/frame to my bike and also pictures of how the exhaust needs to be routed . Any help or advise would be appreciated

I bought a conversion kit for my Softail Deluxe and it has no instructions and the person I bought it from sent a few pictures of the body with the frame lying on it but that's all . If anyone has instruction for a Softail conversion or pictures that would help me with mounting the body/frame to my bike and also pictures of how the exhaust needs to be routed . Any help or advise would be appreciated

Do you know what brand the conversion kit is? There are different types of trike kits, some keep the existing rear wheel, some are solid rear axle, some are independent rear suspension. If you figure that out first, you may be able to contact the manufacturer and get instructions and a parts list. I would start with that first, then you can work on getting it mounted and lastly determine if your current exhaust system will work or not.

Good Luck!

:Coffee: Look on the axel and see what kit it is made by whom and the model number and Google the manufacturer to down load instructions.ThumbUp

Somewhere on the kit is an I.D. maybe its inside the trunk or on the axle but it's there somewhere.

If it a Champion straight axel the ID is supposed to be on the right side swing arm...OR......it could be upside down on the left side like mine is Send a pic and we'll tell you what it is.

Attachments

• VTX done 005.JPG
    VTX done 005.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 185
  • VTX done 006.JPG
    VTX done 006.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 180
Sportster80, Did you buy the kit from the kits manufacturer or a third party?

Phu Cat

We could all help if we knew the brand of the kit?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png