Intercom issue - May need a new boombox

14TriGlider

Reaction score
Just received two new GMAX GM54S modular helmets in the Wine color. (This seems to be a great value at 124.95, has lots of vents, is well made with nice materials inside, even has a strobe light built into the rear side. Also, the Wine color is a very good match for the Blackened Cayenne color, not exact but pretty close.)

Anyway, back to the main point, we had two premium Harley headsets left over from a 2012 Ultra that we installed and went out to the TG to test out the intercom.

From the front seat, I could hear everything including the radio and my wife's voice cutting in. It seemed perfect to me. My wife, however, could hear the radio but could not hear me at all.

We switched positions to check our helmets and had the same thing happen but to me this time. I could hear the radio fine but I could not hear her voice. With her in the front, she could hear everything.

The VOX was set fine and you could see the intercom box on the screen turn white whenever you spoke from either position.

I'm thinking I'm going to get a new Boombox.

Anyone have this happen or think I might have missed something in setup?

Check to make sure the VOX volume is turned up for the passenger. It took me some time to figure out some setting on ours, that and for my wife to find the volume switches in the back so she could get hers to where she wanted it. I just started talking slow while she turned up the volume to where she wanted it. Without me talking she could not turn it up. We have no problems now.

I think the VOX volume applies to both the front and the rear. She has the rear speaker volume set with her switches in the back. She can hear music fine. I can hear her voice fine. It's my voice from the front that never makes it back to her. I can see the VOX working from either position. The intercom box on the screen turns white, the radio volume cuts back. This happens from either position like it is working properly. Only thing is, somewhere between the front microphone and the rear headset, the voice is lost.

The rear has a separate VOX volume control. Both of you need to be plugged in and with the VOX / Intercom on start talking and have her turn her volume up with the switch in the rear. We had the same issue when I picked up mine. I could hear my wife but she could not hear me. You should see two lines in the Intercom volume, one for you and the other for the rear.

Thanks for all your help ...

I do see the two lines for the intercom volume and her line is turned up high, higher than mine. Still, she can't hear my voice coming through although the music comes through loud and clear.

Check the cables on the Trike. If you changed places & the problem stayed with the Trike positions it doesn't seem to be the headsets.

Check the cables on the Trike. If you changed places & the problem stayed with the Trike positions it doesn't seem to be the headsets.

That's what I figured also. We kept the long coiled cords attached when we switched positions so it appears to be inside the trike, either internal wiring or the Boombox itself.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png