trickle charger hook-up

how do i hook up a trickle charger to my 2013 tri

Their should be a pig tail under the seat near the batt. on the lt. or right side that the trickle charger will plug into, most dealers have them already installed, you need to use a flash lite to find it, it also has a small cap you have to remove to plug the charger into it.

Their should be a pig tail under the seat near the batt. on the lt. or right side that the trickle charger will plug into, most dealers have them already installed, you need to use a flash lite to find it, it also has a small cap you have to remove to plug the charger into it.
i cannot find that pigtail i pulled the seat

i cannot find that pigtail i pulled the seat

It should be connected direct to the battery, maybe trace the wire from there. if not then it's been removed. you can get one from ebay at a low price.

[h=1]Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug[/h]

by Battery Tender

The pigtail is usually located on the left side (clutch side). All Harleys come with a pigtail...used for a battery tender and/or heat gear...from the factory. It may be "stuffed" under part of the frame near the battery. Did you take a real close look at the battery connections with a flashlight? There will be an added connector on each pos and neg post. There would be no reason for someone to take off the pigtail....did you buy from a dealer or private party? I have my pigtail exposed on the left side/top of seat for easy access for battery tender and heat gear.

It can be hard to find the 1st time, some people try and hide it tucked under the seat etc. I will bet it's there, mine is on the right side, you need to take a look at the plug in on the charger so you will know to look for, if all else fails, swing by any Harley dealer or someone who owns a Harley or most any motorcycle, I'm sure they will be glad to show you.

Mine did not come with one, I did get one with my new Battery Tender.

Your dealer took a short cut on setup, they have piles of those pig tails laying around. As part of the setup they install the pig tail for the battery tender, which is one of the reasons folks find them in all kinds of different places. The tech installing the pig tail can put it any place he chooses, some try and hide it and others put it in plain site.

I had trouble locating mine at first too and thought it wasn't there. I called the dealer and they assured me it is there. Before my wife accused me (like she always does) of looking for something with my eyes closed, I looked harder and sure enough, there it was.

I just use the clamps that came with the Battery Tender....hook the positive to the top of the starter on the battery contact bolt and the negative to any ground on the bike.

You can do the same thing with the pig-tail that comes with it. Hook the positive to the positive starter bolt and the negative to a ground point close to the starter.

8~\o

I just use the clamps that came with the Battery Tender....hook the positive to the top of the starter on the battery contact bolt and the negative to any ground on the bike.

You can do the same thing with the pig-tail that comes with it. Hook the positive to the positive starter bolt and the negative to a ground point close to the starter.

8~\o

Don't think I would want to do that after every ride when a pigtail is so easy to add...I have them on two mowers and two on the boat...but if it works for you and gets the job done...that is all that matters...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png