Roadsmith Unveils New Auxiliary Fuel Tank Option for Harley-Davidson Touring

Reaction score
Roadsmith Unveils New Auxiliary Fuel Tank Option for Harley-Davidson Touring

White Bear Lake, MN (February 10, 2015) – Roadsmith Trikes unveiled an all new auxiliary fuel tank option at the V-Twin Dealer Expo in Cincinnati, and at the Minneapolis Progressive International Motorcycle Show this past weekend. Roadsmith’s new option will be of utmost importance to the true touring trike rider, featuring a full 3-gallon fuel capacity and separate filler neck allowing for long distance range and rapid fill. The system also features an “on-the-fly” transfer system, with the push of a button, all 3-gallons can transfer to the main tank in a matter of minutes.

This new option is poised to not only allow the rider to go the extra mile, but more importantly offer a peace of mind knowing that fuel will no longer limit the adventure. The auxiliary tank retails for $799 and is designed for the 2009 and newer Harley-Davidson based trike conversions for the company’s flagship HDTR model.

For more than 40 years, Roadsmith Trikes has been designing and producing some of the best engineered, best handling trikes in the business. Based in White Bear Lake, MN, Roadsmith manufactures and distributes 19 different trike conversion kits for Honda, Harley-Davidson, Victory and Indian motorcycles. They are represented by over a 100 Roadsmith dealers in the U.S. and Canada as well as their own retail location, The Trike Shop, on Beach Street in Daytona Beach, FL.

Ride With The Expert​
Roadsmith Aux Fuel Tank HD.jpg

Roadsmith Trikes
(800) 331-0705

Re: Roadsmith Unveils New Auxiliary Fuel Tank Option for Harley-Davidson Touring

Wonder if this will fit a stock HD Tri-Glide?? I've been looking for something like this even before I bought mine

Re: Roadsmith Unveils New Auxiliary Fuel Tank Option for Harley-Davidson Touring

Seems to me they would have this for the HD as well, RS does the HD conversion.

Wonder if this will fit a stock HD Tri-Glide?? I've been looking for something like this even before I bought mine

HarleyPap57 - Afraid not...the auxiliary fuel tank option is specifically designed around the Roadsmith Trike conversion and for a handful of reasons it would not be a direct bolt-in application on a Tri-Glide.

HarleyPap57 - Afraid not...the auxiliary fuel tank option is specifically designed around the Roadsmith Trike conversion and for a handful of reasons it would not be a direct bolt-in application on a Tri-Glide.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'm back to the drawing board and still looking for someone to come up with one the fit the HD Tri-Glide.:(

Possible upcoming Aux Fuel Tank for factory Tri-Glide?

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'm back to the drawing board and still looking for someone to come up with one the fit the HD Tri-Glide.:(

Well, I just spoke with the folks up at Roadsmith... they currently have a 2.5 gallon (ish) Aux Fuel Tank in the R&D stage, and they asked me to call back around November (2019) to see if it's come to fruition yet. I like their filler neck and I like the auto-shutoff feature on the setups for the Roadsmith trike kit, so I'd hope they use those items on the TG kit too. Bad part is- the TG has a solid axle, so it uses more room under the tub than their Roadsmith independent rear uses.

So, a smaller tank. :gah: Even another 2.5 is better than carrying a separate gas can...:Shrug:

I'm definitely setting up a reminder to call them back!

Well, I just spoke with the folks up at Roadsmith... they currently have a 2.5 gallon (ish) Aux Fuel Tank in the R&D stage, and they asked me to call back around November (2019) to see if it's come to fruition yet. I like their filler neck and I like the auto-shutoff feature on the setups for the Roadsmith trike kit, so I'd hope they use those items on the TG kit too. Bad part is- the TG has a solid axle, so it uses more room under the tub than their Roadsmith independent rear uses.

So, a smaller tank. :gah: Even another 2.5 is better than carrying a separate gas can...:Shrug:

I would certainly be up for one of these. 2.5 gallons would be awesome.

I have a 2005 GW w/2012 RS conversion, and I can assure you mine does not have the auto shut off valve. RS must have designed this 2.5 gal different. Those that have the 5 gal aux tank will know what I'm talking about. Forget the transfer pump is on and you will experience a 'fuel flooding' problem.

I have a 2005 GW w/2012 RS conversion, and I can assure you mine does not have the auto shut off valve. RS must have designed this 2.5 gal different. Those that have the 5 gal aux tank will know what I'm talking about. Forget the transfer pump is on and you will experience a 'fuel flooding' problem.

Hmmmmmmmmm very interesting situation here::: I did not get the added fuel tank when I had my Roadsmith kit added (goldwing) BUT to be truthful, I honestly don't feel like I really ever needed the extra gallons or weight added to my bike's already heavy weight...I have never ran out of fuel....

Ronnie

Agree Ronnie, if I had it to do over, I'd probably make the same decision. You know how it goes, I was younger back in 2012 and had visions of riding west of the MS river over those long west bound roads, blah, blah, and surprise, that never happened. Age has way of overtaking those grandeur thoughts of riding far and wide.

Cheers, Bill

Done many trips , and after a tank full , and 3-4 hrs later , I’m ready for a break .

Agree Ronnie, if I had it to do over, I'd probably make the same decision. You know how it goes, I was younger back in 2012 and had visions of riding west of the MS river over those long west bound roads, blah, blah, and surprise, that never happened. Age has way of overtaking those grandeur thoughts of riding far and wide.

Cheers, Bill

Billy,

It totally sucks getting old doesn't it?? [I just turned 69 last week] :mad: I also had "big dreams" of riding the entire USA.... BUT of course that never even came close to happening!

Ronnie

Aux tank

Any word yet?

Thanks

Ronnie, yes, getting old does suck, but getting old and riding softens the "suck" factor some.

OldBikerBilly

If I already have a Roadsmith trike (Goldwing) set up, can this be added if trike had been built two years ago?? :confused::confused:

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie - yes, we can retro-fit your trike with an auxiliary fuel tank (assuming you do not have the extended trunk option). It requires removing the seat, tour-box and trike body. The tank bolts into place, route some fuel lines, vent lines, and wiring. Put everything back on. Takes about 6hrs of time. Cost for the parts is $499. Let me know if we can help you out!

Jim

Any word yet?

Thanks

Hi Ridernut - we have installed a couple tanks on TriGlides. Still working through the process, evaluating installation time, parts cost, and frankly, how much demand is out there. We just aren't certain at this time that we are going to go into production on the tank. Sorry to ask again, but please check back in a couple months.

Jim

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png