Update Avon Cobra Trike tire

Results after 250 mi. ride.

Well finally had the tire mounted yesterday after a long wait. My opinion is that it is a smoother riding tire compared to the MPA it replaced. I also feel that it is a little quicker in the curves.

Has anyone put enough miles on this tire to say what sort of mileage it will deliver? I am going to need a new front in 2-4 thousand miles. I am running a BT45 (third one) & get 22-28 thousand miles. Sure would like to see some mileage figures. Stan

Has anyone put enough miles on this tire to say what sort of mileage it will deliver? I am going to need a new front in 2-4 thousand miles. I am running a BT45 (third one) & get 22-28 thousand miles. Sure would like to see some mileage figures. Stan

Stan, our local trike dealer/installer told me a few weeks ago that MotorTrike had been running tests on this tire and has gotten in the 35,000 mile range. Running on the crush rock TEXDOT uses to do our roads that is HUGE!! I'm sure going to try one out when this tire on my new 2015 needs replacing. :xszpv::xszpv:

If they are getting that kind of mileage during actual riding on actual roads, not on a "treadmill", then yeah, that is really good news. Think I will give Motor Trike a call & see what they have to say. I would be willing to pay a few more bucks for what is reported to be a better riding, better handling tire that will deliver the same kind of miles as what I have been using. Even more miles would make me a VERY happy camper!

Avon Trike Tire

If they are getting that kind of mileage during actual riding on actual roads, not on a "treadmill", then yeah, that is really good news. Think I will give Motor Trike a call & see what they have to say. I would be willing to pay a few more bucks for what is reported to be a better riding, better handling tire that will deliver the same kind of miles as what I have been using. Even more miles would make me a VERY happy camper!

Just got mine put on yesterday. Only went 50 miles on a test ride city & Turnpike. So far it looks like new! Smooth, solid ride! Tried to blow by an 18 wheeler to check how it is with the wind, they were all going too slow. Mileage is last on my preferences. 2003 G/Wing w/Roadsmith w/ 6 degree rake.

Has anyone used this with a Fenda Extenda on the front fender. With a BT45, there is about 1/2 to 5/8 clearance between the tire and the Fenda Extenda. I have had no problems in thousands of miles. And I would like to try the Avon. But I'm concerned this tire might have a larger circumference and cause problems.

Has anyone used this with a Fenda Extenda on the front fender. With a BT45, there is about 1/2 to 5/8 clearance between the tire and the Fenda Extenda. I have had no problems in thousands of miles. And I would like to try the Avon. But I'm concerned this tire might have a larger circumference and cause problems.

works ok on mine. Love the new Avon Trike Tire

I just ordered mine, a little more expensive $174 shipped because things are out of stock everywhere! Anyway what pressure are people running?

Thanks for the information. I just placed my order.

All the other sites I tried were out of stock with an estimated shipping date of May 25.
I just talked to the tire man. He has 2 left so if any one wants one they better order it now.

Fed Ex Truck Came Today.

The Cobra Trike is a good looking tire. I'll ride the OEM Stone tomorrow one last time and get the Avon mounted this week.

The Cobra Trike is a Winner

I only have 300 miles on the new tire, but I knew on the way home from the bike shop that it was a great tire. The ride and handling are wonderful compared to the OEM B-Stone.

Combined with a Superbrace, it is like a whole new ride. It put a smile on my face within the first 5 miles.

Well,time to wrap up the riding season in these parts,so I'll take just a moment to add my $.002 about my Avon Cobra frt. tire,heard recently that Avons were made by Cooper Tire

I'll give it a 2 thumbs up just for the steering alone! big chg from the Dunlop E3 I replaced it with. Now goes thru corners much more smoothly.

By the way,one of my old m/c brethern said I shouda mounted the tire in reverse rotation,says it gives more tread life.

Never heard of that,I didn't, but can anyone speak of this phenomena? been? riding 40 yrs & its news to me.

:confused::confused:

Well,time to wrap up the riding season in these parts,so I'll take just a moment to add my $.002 about my Avon Cobra frt. tire,heard recently that Avons were made by Cooper Tire

I'll give it a 2 thumbs up just for the steering alone! big chg from the Dunlop E3 I replaced it with. Now goes thru corners much more smoothly.

By the way,one of my old m/c brethern said I shouda mounted the tire in reverse rotation,says it gives more tread life.

Never heard of that,I didn't, but can anyone speak of this phenomena? been? riding 40 yrs & its news to me.

:confused::confused:

One of your brethren are confusing the MPA and BT45 bias ply tires with the Avon. The Avon is trike specific and is a radial ply tire made to be mounted according to the factory. The BT45 and MPA are bias ply rear tires and mounting them backwards on the front helps the water to sipe correctly and according to some ,work with the different forces as to being on the front and not the rear.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png