Update Avon Cobra Trike tire

Appreciate the help but Im looking specifically to see if Avon deepened the front tread to help make up for wear and tear on their front trike tire. For the cost it had better be a high mileage tire. Ive seen MPAs and BT45s with high mileage but in Avons case Ill believe over 25,000 on a radial when I see it.

Asking as a total ignoramus, what kind of tread depth is ideal? :cxtv:

Asking as a total ignoramus, what kind of tread depth is ideal? :cxtv:
If you consider most tires that are recommended like MPA or BT45 are rear tires and because of that the tread depth is double the fronts depth. Thats why Im looking to find out if it has shallow tread or depth like a rear tire. Radials on a trike always seem to wear faster due to the weight on the front tire. The one trike dealer saying theyve gotten in the 30s sounds like a wet dream to me. If it gets in the 20s to me it would be worth it.

I might be out in leftfield here or maybe even out of the parking lot.
But I would imagine the more this tire reflects on a car tire design the better it should be.
Since lean isn't as much a consideration with a trike as it is in 2 wheels.
Id be expecting a wider flatter foot print with a much stiffer sidewall.
Does anyone know if Im close to any of this with this new Avon tires construction??
As a 20+ year two wheeled double "Darksider" I have a bit of experience in this department, with some solid thoughts of my own as to the tire Id design for a trike.
Edit: I read the description and it seems to fit my thoughts to a large degree. My only real thought here though is the V rating. A bit on the soft side for my ideal front tire. An H or even a S rating would make for a longer tread life.

Re: Cobra Tire for Valkyrie - Response from Avon:

You guys might direct your questions to this guy. He seems to be on top of his game with an within 24hr response to my question concerning any plans for a 17" tire for the Valk.

His response:

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, that is not in the plans at this time. I will let the tire manager know of your interest in that size.

Thanks,

Michael Kaser

MT Tech Support Assistant

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires and Wheels

4600 Prosper Drive Stow Ohio 44224

Phone: 330-928-9092 ext. 3157

Fax: 330-928-0503

mkaser@mickeythompsontires.com

www.mickeythompsontires.com

“Be a Part of the Legend”

Edit: I read the description and it seems to fit my thoughts to a large degree. My only real thought here though is the V rating. A bit on the soft side for my ideal front tire. An H or even a S rating would make for a longer tread life.

The V rating is the speed rating which I believe is 150 mph. H is 130 mph. How does that translate into longer tread life?

The V rating is the speed rating which I believe is 150 mph. H is 130 mph. How does that translate into longer tread life?

It doesn't relate to tread life. V and Z rated tires just won't disintegrate until much higher speads. Since a Wing will only do about 120-125, there isn't much need for high speed tires.

I have one of these tires sitting in the box in my garage, haven't had the time to put it on yet. When I get home this evening (if I remember) I will go out and measure the tread depth and post it here.

Just Ordered Thursday March 26th.

Just purchased an Avon Cobra Trike Tire Avon # 90000020646 and Chaparral # 330-5767. I got it Shipped from Chaparral Motorsports which showed stock in Florida for $ 139.88. They didn't even show it in their catalog yet but, now it is available thru them if you contact them. Should be here on Tuesday, hope it is all that it is supposed to be. ThumbUp

Trike Front Tire

Just recieved my Avon Cobra Trike Tire Avon # 9000002. Hope to have it on soon. TRIKE is embossed into the sidewall of the tire. As far as depth measurement, looks like 6/32 center tread depth to me.
Ron

Got it on

Mounted it yesterday with 2 oz. of CounterAct beads for balance. Tire showed up a day ahead of time, Chaparral seems to be GREAT so far. Put about 60 miles on it before the rain hit here in Pittsburgh this morning. ThumbUp

Got it on

Mounted it yesterday with 2 oz. of CounterAct beads for balance. Tire showed up a day ahead of time, Chaparral seems to be GREAT so far. Put about 60 miles on it before the rain hit here in Pittsburgh this morning. ThumbUp
Thanks Tagg, Was living in Monroeville for years. Now, no snow here in Florida. :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png