any glides with stock head pipe and street cannon mufllers ?

Dec 24, 2014
dubuque,iowa
thinking about going with the street cannon mufflers with stock head pipe. I heard this combo in person at harley dealer, although, it was on a street glide. Should sound the same on a trike i would think.....

Re: any glides with stock head pipe and street cannon mufllers ?

I have stock head pipes on my '14' and had Street Cannons installed before I picked it up. LOVE the sound even more than my Ultra did with 4" Rinehart's.

I have the Street Cannon's on my 13 TriGlide, but I do have aftermarket headers (Fullsac). They sound great, but wish they were a bit quieter. If you can, test them out on a ride so you'll know for sure.

I have them on my '13', with the stock header. I personally don't think that they are that loud, actually thought they would be louder. My co-pilot doesn't complain, and believe me, she would, if they really bothered her.

I have them on my 2015 Triglide. Stock head pipe. Love the sound. I also have them on my 2014 Street Glide. a little loader on the Street Glide. But Not to Loud, best sounding slip on Screaming Eagle I have heard...

Question, so by doing this swap out, do you have to retune the motor ?:Shrug:

Take this for what it's worth ... my tech told me that the street canons do not need to be tuned for ... but it couldn't hurt to be optimum on the tune.

No Need for a tuner with Just the street Cannons, Only need a tune if you replace the air cleaner with a stage 1.

Ok, how bout removing the Cat :Shrug: need tune then :confused:

Ok, how bout removing the Cat :Shrug: need tune then :confused:

On my 11 Ultra, I did the de catted header and just had the stage one ac and download ... bike ran really strong and got great gas mileage ... I did think there was a tad more heat on the legs than my 07 (dyno'd) but not so much you'd notice or get burned ... pipes never blued ... I always paint the headpipe with VHT after they have been de catted ... stay's looking good and might help with heat ... might not.

My tech said no need to retune things after the engine ... I might disagree on a really free flowing exhaust ... but the cat doesn't restrict flow as much as I thought, just adds cost and heat.

I running the 4" Street Cannon with stock header pipes on my TriGlide. It has that great deep throaty sound I like. It is not too loud so I can listen the radio. As for the end cap, I installed the HD "Short Slash Up/Down/Out 4" End Caps(HD # 65100062). The new end caps are 2" shorter than the traditional Slash Cut End Caps which should end the muffler or end caps scraping. The Street Cannon mufflers are also 50 states legal.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png