Looking to replace my rear tires on my Roadsmith trike-205x65x16 Any suggestions?

Looking to replace my rear tires on my Roadsmith trike-205x65x16 Any suggestions?

Right now they're Kumho Solus with a rating of 94T. I honestly don't plan on running more than 118 MPH, but do ride in 100+ temperatures.

Kit

Re: Looking to replace my rear tires on my Roadsmith trike-205x65x16 Any suggestions?

Well I haven't looked at the brand ,but look at the tread and see if there are starting to wear down in anyway. I've got about 25k on them and they look great. So when I do replace them it'll most likely be with the brand and model if its still around. I like you don't plan on going 118 mph on our trike! ;). Good luck and ride safe.

Re: Looking to replace my rear tires on my Roadsmith trike-205x65x16 Any suggestions?

I just changed mine out, same OEM tire you have, and I went with the Michelin MXV4 for its traction, temp rating. I've always had good luck with Michelins so that aided my decision. Whatever you choose, pick a tire with an "open" tread to disperse water to reduce chance of hydroplaning. Bought mine thru Tire Rack and had them delivered to house.

I have had good luck with General Altimax HP. Had them on my Valk trike & put them on my Wing trike when I replaced the originals. About 14K so far & based on rate of wear will go well over 30K. Good water dispersal, traction & handling. YMMV. Stan

I had another thread going in the General Discussion about finding rear tires that were quieter than Dunlop's which came on my Champion kit. Any suggestions along those lines would also be appreciated. A couple guys recommended Michelin MXV4's. Wondering if anyone had first hand experience with noisy tires and what they changed over to?
Thanks
Ron

I saw one of those dirt bikes today with the snowmobile looking tracks on the back today ... kinda looks like a dirt bike married a snowmobile and that was what happened ... if you guys get anymore snow back east, might wanna look into that ... :AGGHH:

I put Cooper rear tires on my Champion.
I had 25,000 miles on the first tires that came with trike.
Now have 20,000 on the Coopers and still look good.

I saw one of those dirt bikes today with the snowmobile looking tracks on the back today ... kinda looks like a dirt bike married a snowmobile and that was what happened ... if you guys get anymore snow back east, might wanna look into that ... :AGGHH:

WE had way to much here in N.J. They brine the roads at the mention of the stuff. That stuff is tuff on the bike, still ride when it is clear.

Triked my Wing

- - - Updated - - -

I just changed mine out, same OEM tire you have, and I went with the Michelin MXV4 for its traction, temp rating. I've always had good luck with Michelins so that aided my decision. Whatever you choose, pick a tire with an "open" tread to disperse water to reduce chance of hydroplaning. Bought mine thru Tire Rack and had them delivered to house.

I too looked at the Tire Rack site and think that's wear I'll purchase the new tires. I have a friend whom used them for his "Darkside" purchase.

Thanks Triked my Wing

I will probably replace my tires when needed with whats there now.
BF Goodrich Radial TAs.
I have 22K on the bike and still have more then half the tread left.
I expect to get at least 32-35K out of them.
But if cost is a concern. I wouldn't hesitate to use a S or T rated tire.
Im a darksider using car tires on the rear of a motorcycle and have used T rated tires exclusively and averaged 35K per tire on 2 different bikes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png