Roadsmith Owners

Who had the Roadsmith Comfort Control shifter added.

Can you tell the difference and was it worth the price?

http://trikeshop.com/shop/product/475/comfort-controls-for-roadsmith-trikes-w-wing-guards/<o:p></o>

I'm considering having them added this spring when I have my 2012 Goldwing converted

l

Cheers!

Got them put on last wingding. Before the comfort controls, normally get leg cramps on every trip out. After installation, almost 6 months of riding, not one let cramp. I like them.

Ralph

I have them on my trike, before my hips would cramp up on me, since getting the comfort controls they have never cramprd on me, and I rarely need to use my road pegs. Well worth the cost IMHO,,specially if you are tall like me.

You can download the installation manual off the Roadsmith site and see if you want to tackle installing them yourself, plus I'm sure the Roadsmith folks would give you technical assistance over the phone.

Aux tank

Had my 1800 Goldwing triked in 2016 and haven’t looked back. I do have a question for the members. I have the aux fuel tank on mine and it works great til couple days ago. I went out to wipe her down and by accident I flipped the switch for the aux tank. The bottom light came on. And no trike wasn’t running. Their is no fuel in the tank but the switch engine on or off still shows fuel in it. Took seat off down to the battery box and noticed the positive post was loose for some reason. Tightened it up and and checked switch and not running light came on. Went for a 10 mile ride and checked the aux tank and flipped switch, both lights came on as normal with empty aux tank. Same when I got and engine off, no lights. Today it comes on with engine off. It sounds silly but would a battery going bad do this? I’m stumped. Sorry for length of post but any ideas?

Had my 1800 Goldwing triked in 2016 and haven’t looked back. I do have a question for the members. I have the aux fuel tank on mine and it works great til couple days ago. I went out to wipe her down and by accident I flipped the switch for the aux tank. The bottom light came on. And no trike wasn’t running. Their is no fuel in the tank but the switch engine on or off still shows fuel in it. Took seat off down to the battery box and noticed the positive post was loose for some reason. Tightened it up and and checked switch and not running light came on. Went for a 10 mile ride and checked the aux tank and flipped switch, both lights came on as normal with empty aux tank. Same when I got and engine off, no lights. Today it comes on with engine off. It sounds silly but would a battery going bad do this? I’m stumped. Sorry for length of post but any ideas?

Just for the heck of it check the positive post again they don’t nominally come lose for no reason?..

By the way how old the battery.?

Just for the heck of it check the positive post again they don’t nominally come lose for no reason?..

By the way how old the battery.?

First time I noticed it the pos post was loose. Tightened it as much as I dare.

I think the battery is 5 years old, not any newer. Not much room for a nut for bolt. Nut is longer than taller. Have a maintaineron it now to top it off. See how it is in morning. Thanks for suggestions.

Worth. Every. Penny.

The increase in comfort with these has more than doubled the length of my previous rides.

If you order their kit, Roadsmith sends a detailed, step-by-step install sheet. And a template for the floorboard cutout.

If you can take the running boards off....if you can use a jigsaw....you got this.

I used a Bosch jigsaw blade, made for cutting Lexan / plexiglas.

The extra legroom?

Priceless.

And no footpegs needed!

First time I noticed it the pos post was loose. Tightened it as much as I dare.

I think the battery is 5 years old, not any newer. Not much room for a nut for bolt. Nut is longer than taller. Have a maintaineron it now to top it off. See how it is in morning. Thanks for suggestions.

A 5 year old battery owes you nothing .....Its way past its prime....

Main fuel tank

Rather than push my luck I got a new battery for my aux issue and it was 5+ years old.

now I have another question.

Does the main fuel tank have to come all the way out to check/ refresh connection? I’ve read on another forum about problems that can’t be traced down. One frequently suggested is the ground under the fuel tank. Does being a trike make it more challenging to get to? My thought was if it could be lifted up and tipped the ground could be accessed. Any ideas or suggestions?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png