Next generation Gold Wing

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
Whats the latest anyone is hearing on the next generation Gold Wings? Ive been reading that the 2011s will be skipped and will go straight to the new Japan produced 2012 which they are tooling up for now.

Rumor was a 2,000cc motor

I've also been 'hearing' that the GL1800 replacement from Japan will have a larger engine which doesn't sound smart to me. The GL1800 engine is large enough and has plenty of room for development. It is one of the least stressed m/c engines currently available. A little tweaking could make the current engine much more exciting. This assumes of course that the GL1800 replacement isn't going to be much more obese than the current machine.

Last edited:
What i have been reading is 2000cc with the driver assist transmission. Should be one nice machine to trike out if they have/or get the bugs worked out. The have a rice rocket bike out this year with basically the same design transmission. You have D for Drive, or S for speed shift or you select manual and push a button to shift up or down as you like.

I also heard tire pressure sensor will become standard, but that may have happened this year :confused:

I also believe they are skipping to 2011 year, the US is/was making a surplus of 2010 machines to carry over till the new factory in Japan is tooled up.

AGAIN all of this is rumors I have read or heard but htey do make seem reasonable. It is enought for me to put off buying a 2010 as I had planned to see what will happen, I know I will not jump on the first production year, but the 2 or 3 i am in. If it is junk, then I will go find a nice used GL1800 to replace my 96 GL1500.

I've also been 'hearing' that the GL1800 replacement from Japan will have a larger engine which doesn't sound smart to me. The GL1800 engine is large enough and has plenty of room for development. It is one of the least stressed m/c engines currently available. A little tweaking could make the current engine much more exciting. This assumes of course that the GL1800 replacement isn't going to be much more obese than the current machine.

I agree ben. I'd be happy to see the Gold Wing stay the same or changed very little. I hope they dont screw it up.

I agree ben. I'd be happy to see the Gold Wing stay the same or changed very little. I hope they dont screw it up.

I would like to see the replacement lightened and modernized. I would like to see more useful equipment like a Telelever front suspension, better brakes, an electrically operated up/down/tilt windscreen, a gear position indicator and more substantial side and top cases. I also think that a height adjustable heated saddle and heated grips should be standard equipment. If Honda fears that the K LT replacement will have higher power, the engine could be tuned for more output.

Those are all nice Ben but Id still like to see a basic entry level bike so the cost doesnt get out of site. Do you think it will be a 2000cc engine? I think the shift assist (auto) is a definite possibility and would probably be a huge hit particularly with trikers.

I would like to see the replacement lightened and modernized. I would like to see more useful equipment like a Telelever front suspension, better brakes, an electrically operated up/down/tilt windscreen, a gear position indicator and more substantial side and top cases. I also think that a height adjustable heated saddle and heated grips should be standard equipment..

pointinglolsmilie.gif
I think you forgot the HD-TV, the dual zoned Climate Control and the Six Position bucket seats!

Imsorrybluesmiliegif-1.gif

I just wonder how long it would take to get that seat adjusted? I've had this new car a month and still havent figured it out lol

I just hope they make one.
Also wish they would move production back to the U.S.,and then we would not have to listen to all that stuff from the Harley riders.
:yes::yes::yes:

Jim what stuff is that? We Harley riders NEVER make fun of the rice burners. Really I'm looking forward to the new Goldwing also. I love them both. 2 very different trikes.

Jim what stuff is that? We Harley riders NEVER make fun of the rice burners. Really I'm looking forward to the new Goldwing also. I love them both. 2 very different trikes.

I think you are right. I see loads of criticism of H-D and BMW motorcycles [and riders of both] on Goldwing forums. Not true on forums used by owners of those brands.

BTW. While I have owned several brands, I currently own only a GL1800/Roadsmith trike.

A couple of things I would like to see are a adjustible wind shield like the b.m.w. has and wind shield wipers.A few years back while visiting the marysvile plant I saw some 1500s with windshield wipers when I inquired about them I was told they were for export to Japan.
I do not know how many times I have got caught in heavey rain with no place to pull over and stop.
There use to be a company that made wind shield wipers for the 1500,but I do not think they are aroind any more.
Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png