Lehman Monarch II Auxiliary shock replacement

Reaction score
Could use some instructions as to how and where to place jacks when removing replacing the Lehman Monarch II Auxiliary shock on a 2012 GL 1800.
Its not clear to me as to where support and jack point should be in order to remove the load on the shock in order to get the mounting bolts easily removed. It seems that either the frame or swing arm or both need to be supported and then one needs to be jacked up to take the load off the spring.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

If it was me I would set the Honda shock to 25 to take tension off of the suspension of the Lehman shock. Adjust the Lehman shock to its softest setting to make it easier to remove. You want to jack or support the frame and not the swingarm to make it easier to remove the shock. Its more of a pain to get at than replace so try to set it up so you have enough room to work with.

If it was me I would set the Honda shock to 25 to take tension off of the suspension of the Lehman shock. Adjust the Lehman shock to its softest setting to make it easier to remove. You want to jack or support the frame and not the swingarm to make it easier to remove the shock. Its more of a pain to get at than replace so try to set it up so you have enough room to work with.

I have the entire trike sitting on 8" high ramps so I can get under with plenty of working room. Your response is exactly what I was hoping for.
Since the Trike is sitting on it tires, on the ramps all I need to do jack up the frame under the trailer hitch that should extend the shock to it full free length. Then it should be easy to get the bolts out.
Thanks for the tip

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png