Problems with I Phone Not Playing Music Through The Boom Box System

eforman48

Jul 17, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Problems with I Phone Not Playing Music Through The Boom Box System

hello! Plugged my I Phone into the USB connector and tried to play music through the Boom Box System. Kept getting the message that Media was not available. Changed connecting wires from phone to USB port without any luck! The manual says it should work, but does not! Also, the Harley website says it should work, but does not! Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ed

Re: Problems with I Phone Not Playing Music Through The Boom Box System

Maybe songs in different format? For example, are they *.WMP instead of *.MP3 or whatever is acceptable to player?

Maybe songs in different format? For example, are they *.WMP instead of *.MP3 or whatever is acceptable to player?

I agree ... when I first purchased my 2015 Tri ... I tried to listen to Audible books via the jukebox connection ... no go ... the infotainment system doesn't recognize the Audible format ... I went to their web site and tried downloading the books in the other formats, found one that worked ... I have since gone to a pre lightning connection iPod touch that I got from eBay for $30 ... the iPhone/iPod's with the lightning connectors don't play as well with the infotainment system ... for example ... on my iPhone 6 plus I can pause audio books, like when I get gas, but when I start up again it doesn't always go back to where it was ... with the older iPod touch it always does. There are other examples of where the infotainment system doesn't play nice with the iPhone ... but that's the most annoying for me.

I agree ... when I first purchased my 2015 Tri ... I tried to listen to Audible books via the jukebox connection ... no go ... the infotainment system doesn't recognize the Audible format ... I went to their web site and tried downloading the books in the other formats, found one that worked ... I have since gone to a pre lightning connection iPod touch that I got from eBay for $30 ... the iPhone/iPod's with the lightning connectors don't play as well with the infotainment system ... for example ... on my iPhone 6 plus I can pause audio books, like when I get gas, but when I start up again it doesn't always go back to where it was ... with the older iPod touch it always does. There are other examples of where the infotainment system doesn't play nice with the iPhone ... but that's the most annoying for me.

Fuzzy- off topic just a tad- how do you like the iPhone 6plus? Time to upgrade from my iPhone 5 and thinking about the 6plus.
-Tim

Fuzzy- off topic just a tad- how do you like the iPhone 6plus? Time to upgrade from my iPhone 5 and thinking about the 6plus.
-Tim

uhttp3A2F2Fwww_zps08989e46.gif

I've wanted to do this so bad somewhere.:laugh:

I'm interested in the answer too!

I am able to play music with my iphone 5 using Bluetooth connection

-Tim

Except for the fact it's too big to get in the jukebox slot (fits but can't close door while plugged in, I'm thinking of taking the outer faring off and expanding the depth of the slot from the back), I absolutely love it. I used to read books on my iPad Mini ... not any more ... the plus is like the best of both worlds ... I never drag the iPad anywhere anymore. The 6 plus is fast and plenty of memory (128G) ... I can't imagine bending it ... unless I really gripped and really torqued it ... I run my small business from it ... unless they put a phone in an iPad mini, I can't image a better phone for me.

I don't have an iPhone, so I can't directly help, but not to stray too far OT, have you considered a flash drive instead of using your phone? I bought a 16 GB stick at Staples for $20. I have already loaded a dozen albums onto it, and it isn't near 1/2 full. I also use it for the updates I download from the HD website for the BoomBox system. For $20, I am a lot less worried about shock, water damage or theft than I would be about a $500+ iPhone, and it fits into the bay with room to spare for my g door opener (since I haven't found something yet that looks like it works for anything).

Just my $0.02

I don't have an iPhone, so I can't directly help, but not to stray too far OT, have you considered a flash drive instead of using your phone? I bought a 16 GB stick at Staples for $20. I have already loaded a dozen albums onto it, and it isn't near 1/2 full. I also use it for the updates I download from the HD website for the BoomBox system. For $20, I am a lot less worried about shock, water damage or theft than I would be about a $500+ iPhone, and it fits into the bay with room to spare for my g door opener (since I haven't found something yet that looks like it works for anything).

Just my $0.02

What kind of drive is that ... Just a usb flash ... cause I tried that and the bike didn't recognize the drive ... might be the type of files I had too ... audible .. I might try that again with some mp3's ...

although the iPod touch I got cheep works like a champ.

Just a plain old USB flash drive. I had issues at first because I had both MP3 and WMA music files on it. just about everything else recognized both, but the HD BoomBox is really picky. Maybe a few more revisions down the road, they will accommodate more file types.

Just a plain old USB flash drive. I had issues at first because I had both MP3 and WMA music files on it. just about everything else recognized both, but the HD BoomBox is really picky. Maybe a few more revisions down the road, they will accommodate more file types.

I'm guessing the MP3's are the way to go?

My issue and the reason I initially went with and older iPod is that I listen to audio books while on long rides ... I couldn't figure a way to get the infotainment system to recognize a "play list" on just mp3's ... listening to music at random is fine ... but an audio book in random mode turns into just gibberish .... just my $0.02 ... the older iPods work great ... I can also use my iPhone 6 plus via bluetooth and it works great ... I've purchased the tour pak charging port, just haven't had a chance to install it yet.

So this weekend I finally got around to installing the power port in the tour pak .. had I thought it was that easy I'd of done it much sooner ... but I digress ... with this, on a long trip I can listen via the audible app and bluetooth to audio books ... I could do it before but at a big hit on the phones battery .. anyway ... I tested it this morning on a ride to my doc ... worked well, but ... does anyone else have the issue of it taking a long time to connect via bluetooth ... like several minutes.

Just my $0.02

I tried the flash drive thing ... could't figure out how to do audio books ... I'd put them in mp3 format and they would play, but not in a coherent order ... kinda important in audio books ... I picked up and old iPod touch from eBay ... works great ...

stops when I turn off the trike and starts when I turn on the trike ... only gave $50 for it so, if it gets ruined or stolen, I'm not to worried

I tried the flash drive thing ... could't figure out how to do audio books ... I'd put them in mp3 format and they would play, but not in a coherent order ... kinda important in audio books ... I picked up and old iPod touch from eBay ... works great ... stops when I turn off the trike and starts when I turn on the trike ... only gave $50 for it so, if it gets ruined or stolen, I'm not to worried

To do the mp3 files for a book they need to be placed in order as far as the name of the file. ie: 001chapter1.xxx, 002chapter2.xxx,etc,, for each chapter or segment of the book. If you are using Audible for your books the program on your computer will put everything in order.

If you just download from everywhere, you have to do it manually. But there are programs that will help ya with that also.
Itunes & Audible also does that for the iPod.

To do the mp3 files for a book they need to be placed in order as far as the name of the file. ie: 001chapter1.xxx, 002chapter2.xxx,etc,, for each chapter or segment of the book. If you are using Audible for your books the program on your computer will put everything in order. If you just download from everywhere, you have to do it manually. But there are programs that will help ya with that also.
Itunes & Audible also does that for the iPod.

For now anyway ... the iPod Touch works well

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png