Future V-8 build questions.

I'm planning on building a V-8 trike, but I have a few questions. I'd like to stay with a rigid frame with a suspended seat, keep is short, (preferably with no driveshaft, just trans. to axle) I've considered using suspension but I'm not sure how to go about it, and not get negative body roll. ( trike leaning left/outside, or a right hand turn.) If usig suspension, I've consisdered both solid rear axle with springs, and Independant rear suspensions.

Also, I'm not sure of a good front end to use, I'm trying not to break the bank, but don't want to hit a pothole and wind up pole vaulte into a guardrail either. Are Goldwing or Silverwing front ends stong enough, or am I going to have to buy a custom front? Can I go with a wider front wheel, or will it completely change the handling and steering of the trike?

Sorry I'm so long winded, just trying to get a decent start.

I'm starting a build as well and putting a 460 BB in it. I have talked with folks and have come up with buying a Mustang GT 8.8" rear end and subframe then building off of that. That way I get the independent rear suspension and a sturdy frame work. I haven't made it to the front end yet.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png