Maggie Valley

TwoBye

550+ Posts
Reaction score
I just registered for the Trike Talk rally in the valley at Maggie Valley this September, 2015. Got my room and I'm all set to go. Will be attending by myself as the better half can't get time off in September. Should be fun.

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

hay Two you will have that new seat broken in by then for sure. Darlene and I will be there, looking forwards to seeing you there.

hay Two you will have that new seat broken in by then for sure. Darlene and I will be there, looking forwards to seeing you there.

Yep and I suspect yours will be also! Gotta leave a day early (Thursday) as I have a commitment for Friday. Still should be a great time. Here's hoping anyway.

Wish we could get there. I have a business conference that week. Much closer to SC than Eureka Springs. Guess we will have to plan to get there next year.

Wish we could get there. I have a business conference that week. Much closer to SC than Eureka Springs. Guess we will have to plan to get there next year.

Well that's not good! Wish you could make the trip, probably be a lot of members there to get to see rather than just type to.

Just checked, 420 miles from my doorstep to the host hotel. No hill for a climber. :laugh: Hey, anybody else from Ohio going down on the 6th or 7th? My room reservation doesn't start until the 7th but I'm sure I can figure something out if need be. Let me know.

OK, wife's been reading up on Maggie Valley since I booked my trip in September and now she thinks she "might" be able to get away. ;)

Although she really doesn't like riding in the mountains she still may try and attend. She is absolutely petrified of heights. I have riden the Parkway before without her and it looks like it may well happen again if she can find something to do during the day.

OK, wife's been reading up on Maggie Valley since I booked my trip in September and now she thinks she "might" be able to get away. ;)

Although she really doesn't like riding in the mountains she still may try and attend. She is absolutely petrified of heights. I have riden the Parkway before without her and it looks like it may well happen again if she can find something to do during the day.

Bring her, small gift shops, ice cream/candy shops, Restaurants all within a short walking distance. Will be others to socialize with during the day as I doubt all will ride every day. She may like it enough to go on a ride thru the scenic mountains, as long as you keep off the overlook stop offs. :D

Brad we're planning on leaving on Sunday the 6th. Going down rt 23, little longer, a lot more scenic and less traffic.

Brad we're planning on leaving on Sunday the 6th. Going down rt 23, little longer, a lot more scenic and less traffic.

COOL!! How many in your group? Room for one more? What time on Sunday are you thinking? I have been looking at the Rt. 23 maps too. Let me know or just PM me.

Just the me and the Boss so far Brad. We'll be leaving between 6:00 and 6:30.

Just the me and the Boss so far Brad. We'll be leaving between 6:00 and 6:30.

Great! I am working on the wife to try and convince her to go also. She loves the ride, just not the heights so much. I have already called the host hotel and changed my arrival date to the sixth also so if I do get to ride down with you guys I won't be without a room. :D

Will see you all there. I am also popping into the Wingding first then onto Maggie Valley but I will be on 4 wheels instead of 3. :(:(:( But hoping to rekindle some friendships from a few years ago :):):)......

Just registered the wife and I, this will be our first rally, and first trip to Maggie Valley. Looking forward to the trip and meeting new Trike riders.

Just a note here about your reservations for Maggie Valley. I called the other day to confirm and to change my starting date from the 7th to the 6th. No problem so far but when I talked to them they told me they had a problem with the reservation system and I had showed up with reserving 4 rooms. They fixed it, no worry and they also changed my start date just fine (good folks to talk to).

It might be a good idea to just "check in" to make sure your reservation is correct.

Michael just called from our host hotel Best Western and said they have less than 10 rooms available now. If you want to stay at the host hotel, you better make the call soon. Be sure to tell them you are with Trike Talk or they will tell you they are sold out. We have the entire hotel booked and the rates are really good.

The number is 828-926-3962

YES, the rate is VERY VERY good! Well done again, Zook! See ya there...........

The hotel and staff are excellent and they wanted us back so they cut us a very good deal. We had the gathering there several years in a row and it is a nice setup, they even rented a giant tent for us to host our cookout the last time we were there. That time we filled up both their hotels, the Best Western and the Microtel which is right next door. They also own the Ramada Inn. The owners do a really nice job with their properties, yall will be pleased.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png