insta trike fenders

Jan 22, 2015
gobabis, namibia
Hi Trikkers. I installed a TowPac on my GL1500 Asp. Dadztoy assisted me on a lot of issues. However, I cannot better the vibration issue on the fenders. All of the instatrike owners seems to be happy riding their's. The fenders on mine , 12 inch wheels, vibrates to the extend that I am ashamed to ride it in public. Outrigger wheels are at 40 psi, bike reartire, a CT, is at 35 psi. All wheels are balanced using Dyna beads. The kit did not came with any rubber mounts for the fenders. The downforce on the outrigger wheels seems to be adjusted well.

Should I be content going down the road sounding like an Africa taxi or can I rectify.

Again many tx to Dadztoy who help me resolve quite a couple of irretations. His ideas on the fender lights are theeeeeee best?

Love to get your solutions and/or tips

Willem

Namibia

Hi Trikkers. I installed a TowPac on my GL1500 Asp. Dadztoy assisted me on a lot of issues. However, I cannot better the vibration issue on the fenders. All of the instatrike owners seems to be happy riding their's. The fenders on mine , 12 inch wheels, vibrates to the extend that I am ashamed to ride it in public. Outrigger wheels are at 40 psi, bike reartire, a CT, is at 35 psi. All wheels are balanced using Dyna beads. The kit did not came with any rubber mounts for the fenders. The downforce on the outrigger wheels seems to be adjusted well.

Should I be content going down the road sounding like an Africa taxi or can I rectify.

Again many tx to Dadztoy who help me resolve quite a couple of irretations. His ideas on the fender lights are theeeeeee best?

Willem

Namibia

Hi, Try dropping the air in the outside tires. Thanks Tom

Contact Info..

Here is a Contact Form & Phone Number of the manufacturer : http://www.towpacusa.com/?page_id=254

Here is their website: http://www.towpacusa.com/

It may take a phone call to get it worked out or maybe they have the install paperwork they could send you. I do not have and have never had a kit like this, been told they are tricky to get setup but their demo video doesn't seem to difficult....

They have no dealer in your part of the world.... good luck, hope you get the TAXI to sound better....

:Coffee:

From their site....

Troubleshooting

General Questions

Notices and Policies

Patent Information

Troubleshooting

Q: How do I fix front end wobble?

A: Inflate front tire to 5lbs.

over manufacturer’s recommendation making sure you do not over inflate. Also, check preload on trike wheels. If you can’t turn trike wheels by hand then reduce your preload.

Q: Why are my trike tires wearing out?

A: Trike tires can come out of alignment. Check air pressure in tires to make sure they are 50psi. Align trike wheels to motorcyle wheels according to the installation manual. (Manuals can also be purchased)

Q: Why does my suspension feel too stiff?

A: You may have to much preload on your trike wheels, raise the trike wheels.

Q: Why does my suspension feel too soft?

A: You may not have enough preload on your trike wheels, lower the trike wheels.

Q: How much can I tow with my trike kit installed?

A:Towing capacity is limited to that specified by the specific motorcycle model

Q:Tire alignment

A: Air pressure 32-50 psi. Tire wheels must be aligned parrellel with motorcycle rear wheel.

Willem

Namibia

If all else fails, epoxy 1/2 lb. of 1/2" steel plate to the lower out of sight underside of each fender.

Check the drag on the wheel bearings.

Dan

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Trikkers. I installed a TowPac on my GL1500 Asp. Dadztoy assisted me on a lot of issues. However, I cannot better the vibration issue on the fenders. All of the instatrike owners seems to be happy riding their's. The fenders on mine , 12 inch wheels, vibrates to the extend that I am ashamed to ride it in public. Outrigger wheels are at 40 psi, bike reartire, a CT, is at 35 psi.

All wheels are balanced using Dyna beads. The kit did not came with any rubber mounts for the fenders. The downforce on the outrigger wheels seems to be adjusted well.

Willem

Namibia

If all else fails, epoxy 1/2 lb. of 1/2" steel plate to the lower out of sight underside of each fender.

Dan

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Trikkers. I installed a TowPac on my GL1500 Asp. Dadztoy assisted me on a lot of issues. However, I cannot better the vibration issue on the fenders.

All of the instatrike owners seems to be happy riding their's. The fenders on mine , 12 inch wheels, vibrates to the extend that I am ashamed to ride it in public. Outrigger wheels are at 40 psi, bike reartire, a CT, is at 35 psi. All wheels are balanced using Dyna beads. The kit did not came with any rubber mounts for the fenders. The downforce on the outrigger wheels seems to be adjusted well.

Willem

Namibia

Dan

fenders

Gentlemen

I am sorry that I have not replied or even thanked you for your input. Sometimes time is just not your own.
Does anybody here knows of a way to contact TowPac by any other means than a telephone call and leaving a message or by the quiry form they placed on the Internet as I do not get any response on either of this methods.

I am going nuts and feels that I have wasted have a years salary on the kit.

Thanks again for helping a fellow rider in distress.

Willem

Gentlemen

I am sorry that I have not replied or even thanked you for your input. Sometimes time is just not your own.
Does anybody here knows of a way to contact TowPac by any other means than a telephone call and leaving a message or by the quiry form they placed on the Internet as I do not get any response on either of this methods.

I am going nuts and feels that I have wasted have a years salary on the kit.

Thanks again for helping a fellow rider in distress.

Willem

I would think that with 3 phone #'s and a fax # and web site email that you should be able to get an answer to your question. Keep trying.

Willem I dont know when youve called them,but maybe due to the time differential you may have to try during the companies business hours. Also some emails being from out of country sometimes get tagged as spam,so you might have to try multiple times.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png