FW windshield

Ridernut

50+ Posts
Dec 25, 2014
Lorena, Texas, USA
Bought a new Freewheeler this past Saturday and absolutely love it. One issue is that it came with the short quick detach windshield. I would like the taller one which Harley shows on their web site. I looked at the instructions which show the parts breakdown and it shows part numbers for each height windshield (plastic only) but after checking with Harley they say I cant order them individually and must buy the complete kit. These look very similar to Road King windshields except for the docking mechanism. Anyone know if a Road King (plastic part only) will bolt to the Freewheeler hardware?

Thanks

Hmmmmm, you may want to check with another dealer's parts counter. IF each windshield has a different part number it stands to reason you can order them without the mounting brackets. My local dealer has 2 different mounting systems on thier bargain table in factory wrappings. If not, look at Memphis Shade or other manufactures. They sell windshields and components separately.... and a bit cheaper too!

Good Luck

I would be interested in this too. When I bought my Freewheeler I test rode it with the short (16") windshield as they did not have the tall (20") windshield in stock. The 16" was way too short so they let me borrow a 20" Road King windshield until the 20" for the Freewheeler came in. The Road King fit fine on the Freewheeler. I would really like to have a 22" shield but I don't know if the 22" Road King Plastic only would fit my hardware so I too would be interested if anyone can confirm.

Thanks,

Sunman

I test rode my Freewheeler with a road king windshield the dealer put on. It fit the mounting points just fine but there was a gap around the headlight that was wider than the Freewheeler windshield they were able to get me later. I got the 20'' and at 6'2 it is about the right height. Hope this helps.

I test rode my Freewheeler with a road king windshield the dealer put on. It fit the mounting points just fine but there was a gap around the headlight that was wider than the Freewheeler windshield they were able to get me later. I got the 20'' and at 6'2 it is about the right height. Hope this helps.

:Agree: The headlight is smaller on the FW than the RK so there will be a large gap. And yes, they can order just the plastic. If they don't know how just head to a dealer that has parts guys that know what fits....

my 2018 Freewheeler came with the tall HD quick detach windshield, the top of it lines up with my line of site which is no good. I bought a Long ride Road king windshield and that has a large gap around the headlight so I sent it back. I bought a Freedom 17" recurve shield, mounted it to the quick detach brackets and it fits perfectly and it looks great. I'm not sure yet how it will work yet until we can take a ride on it(we have snow here for another 2-3 months).

FW Windshields

I have had many Harley’s. Rather than mess with Dealer windshields I have gone aftermarket years ago. Best I’ve found is Freedom Shields. Made in Colorado. Many styles. Call factory and talk to owner. He will send what you decide and if you mount it WITH the plastic safety coating still on and if you then wanted one higher or lower you can exchange for another one. Thick plastic, polished edges, recurve or straight, tinted or plain. Try them, you will thank me. Here is a link.

https://freedomshields.net/product/freewheeler-windshield/

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png