Adding Chrome edging to Roadsmith Trike

I'm not familiar with that product Mike. Here is what I did to my '06 MotorTrike. I considered doing the same thing with the 2015 Roadsmith but thought the paint needed to speak for itself so I just did the rear bumper to give it a little protection.

RightSide.jpg

1-24-15%202-1.jpg

I like a nice clean pinstripe for accents.

But you can buy the edging in different widths at most big auto stores or on Ebay..... door edge is usually a little to short to go to where you want it, with it in a roll you can do the whole trike edge if wanted.... I use clear door edge across the top of my F4+4 windshield to direct the water to the sides...works well and clear you don't notice it.... FYI

Attachments

• IMG_1499.JPG
    IMG_1499.JPG
    802.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 92
I like a nice clean pinstripe for accents.

But you can buy the edging in different widths at most big auto stores or on Ebay..... door edge is usually a little to short to go to where you want it, with it in a roll you can do the whole trike edge if wanted.... I use clear door edge across the top of my F4+4 windshield to direct the water to the sides...works well and clear you don't notice it.... FYI

Nice touch, I like it, just enough.

I also used the chrome edging around my windshield on my '03 Goldwing and the fact that it's bought for

trucks, it's longer.

You buy it in a roll, not the short door pieces.... or it will look crappy..... and buy the better grade with 3m Bonding, the other cheeep crap the glue will depart out in the sun and the stripping will blow off....how do I know!!! Right..... :NoJoke:

I don't think chrome will look at its best. Perhaps blue if available would look good on the silver fenders. Mine is red and silver, been thinking about looking for some red.

I don't think chrome will look at its best. Perhaps blue if available would look good on the silver fenders. Mine is red and silver, been thinking about looking for some red.

IMHO......Chrome looks good on any color ThumbUp ck post #9, that has some Silver color.

Solidbob -- can you provide a link to the edge guard you used on your windscreen & maybe a pic of it installed to show how far down the sides you ran it? Thanks, Stan

It's the short Door Edge Guard in Clear..... Invisible in my photos.... about 18" inches long.... 3M Tape adhesion... I run it to within 1" of the outside edge, the wind will blow it by you. It's also available in a roll.

Attachments

• IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 719MBQdX4mL._SY355_.jpg
    719MBQdX4mL._SY355_.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 118
I was thinking more of the line that chrome will not show up as good on the silver fenders. Blue, most of those kinda like blue chrome, and add it. It would add a good contrast to the color of the trike.
Believe me I am a chrome whore

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png