Foot brake modification

Hello!
The foot brake on my '02 V-Star 1100 is too high for my handicapped right leg to flex to reach the pedal. I've modified the forward controls, moving them forward 4", with a kit. I've been using just the front wheel hand brake for the past 1-1/2 years and realize that sometime in the future I'll have need to use the rear wheel foot brake in unison, for the added stopping power. Does anyone know of a kit to lower and extend forward this foot brake lever?
:)John

Hello!
The foot brake on my '02 V-Star 1100 is too high for my handicapped right leg to flex to reach the pedal. I've modified the forward controls, moving them forward 4", with a kit. I've been using just the front wheel hand brake for the past 1-1/2 years and realize that sometime in the future I'll have need to use the rear wheel foot brake in unison, for the added stopping power. Does anyone know of a kit to lower and extend forward this foot brake lever?

you might try softbrake.com ... they do extended and such ... might be able to do a custom

Thanks, Fuzzy! SoftBrake.com website is under re-construction.
I called Rick, SoftBrake owner, at (208) 561-5031, who sold me the the right mix of parts for my modification (including a new 4" rubber Road Star pad for better footing on the brake). His wife will be emailing photos of same, tonight. Rick asked me to follow up with him after my install. I'm all smiles.....and I thought the price to be very reasonable.

Thanks, Fuzzy! SoftBrake.com website is under re-construction.
I called Rick, SoftBrake owner, at (208) 561-5031, who sold me the the right mix of parts for my modification (including a new 4" rubber Road Star pad for better footing on the brake). His wife will be emailing photos of same, tonight. Rick asked me to follow up with him after my install. I'm all smiles.....and I thought the price to be very reasonable.

Glad to be of help ... I'm gonna get me an extended brake pedal ... just need to do it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png