Two wheels to Three

​Although I'm far from riding experience then most here going from two wheels to three, I'm finding things about three wheel riding I never realized before.

#1.....I was guilty of sloppy stopping with two wheels. How offend are we coming to a slow crawl though stop signs because we're to lazy to shift down and plant both feet down for a complete stop?

#2.....When riding two up, there's no worry if your partner leans the wrong way and fighting the center of gravity.

#3.....I'm assuming here if you have a sudden front tire go bad,

there's enough stability for the two back tires to keep you up right and in control.

#4.....Trikes are terrible for gas mileage, but hey, the fun is well worth it.

#5.....My Roadsmith trike acting as my new toy around our house, gets the garage space that my wife's car use to occupy........:cxtv:

#6.....I do miss the use of my center stand for cleaning and rotating my rear tire to check for nail and such.

#7....I was reluctant to trike my '02 Goldwing because I'm fortunate not to have health issues holding up two wheels, but figured it was something in my future and figured the prices wouldn't be coming down any time soon.

#8......I spent enough time with my trike to wish and hope everyone who has a passion to ride can afford one some day.

See Ya on the road, I'll be the one with the big smile. :D

Cheers!

You and many others have that same smile..... that's while the SO is asleep in the rear seat..... or knitting or eating something....

​Although I'm far from riding experience then most here going from two wheels to three, I'm finding things about three wheel riding I never realized before.

#1.....I was guilty of sloppy stopping with two wheels. How offend are we coming to a slow crawl though stop signs because we're to lazy to shift down and plant both feet down for a complete stop?

#2.....When riding two up, there's no worry if your partner leans the wrong way and fighting the center of gravity.

#3.....I'm assuming here if you have a sudden front tire go bad,

there's enough stability for the two back tires to keep you up right and in control.

#4.....Trikes are terrible for gas mileage, but hey, the fun is well worth it.

#5.....My Roadsmith trike acting as my new toy around our house, gets the garage space that my wife's car use to occupy........:cxtv:

#6.....I do miss the use of my center stand for cleaning and rotating my rear tire to check for nail and such.

#7....I was reluctant to trike my '02 Goldwing because I'm fortunate not to have health issues holding up two wheels, but figured it was something in my future and figured the prices wouldn't be coming down any time soon.

#8......I spent enough time with my trike to wish and hope everyone who has a passion to ride can afford one some day.

See Ya on the road, I'll be the one with the big smile. :D

Cheers!

Those are some great observations although never assume anything.....have you ever watched NASCAR and seen what happens to a car when one of 4 good tires goes flat????? It ain't pretty. Granted you aren't or shouldn't be traveling at that kind of speed but still I don't want to test the theory. I'll just wait and read what some one else's experiences are.
Have a happy and safe ride. It is definitely worth it.
See you in passing.
Kent

By that do you mean the rear brakes seem harder to apply then on two wheels?

That seems to be the case with me, but I'm hoping maybe the braking well improve with age...........:Shrug:

I don't have the brakes linked since triking, but can stand on the rear brakes and they won't lock up. Also you're now trying to stop about 300 lbs more. From what I heard, this is common and attributed to the rear master cylinder not being big enough since it was designed for one small motorcycle caliper and is now trying to operate 2 large car calipers in the rear. I know some can lock up theirs but I can't and many others can't. If mine ever locked up I'd look at replacing my tires in the rear.

After I rebuilt my Roadsmith rears with EBC Yellowstuff pads no problem stopping.... I use Vershas pads on the front..... Not linked and can slide them all if needed.... but no longer need too...... FYI

Another one; I'm just safer then when I was on my HD Ultra! I have more relaxed time to observe traffic when doing intersections, rolling to a stop, and many other road situations. I didn't realize how "taxed" I was before. I think loosing my right had as a lot to do with it.

My T/G doesn't stop as quick as my 2 wheelers do, But 'And this is a big But, When you do lock up all 3. There is Absolutely less drama than locking up the wheels on a two wheeler.. [Ouch]

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png