veteran harley rider goes to three wheels

I've been riding for over 60 years and switched to the TG in 2012 only because I had a job/money then and was afraid I wouldn't when I retired. I retired this year at 76 and don't have the money so it was a great thing to do. I also had a hip replacement this year so 3 wheels help a little, especially in the winter when I ride every Sunday.

This is my 3rd TG after I totaled my 2nd one in 2018 on my way to The Dragon.

Red Sport, I fully expect to be riding when I'm your age and beyond. :) :)

From one combat vet to another = Welcome to the forum.

I’m did the same thing

Been ridding over 50 years on two wheels this July i bought a 2013 tri glide . different experience but love it should have switched 5 years ago

I just bought a 2020 Tri Glide after over 20 years of off and on motorcycle riding on L.A freeways, I absolutely enjoy riding this Trike and hope for many more years. I have over 4500 miles on it had a stage 1 upgrade, put Rinehart exhaust on, sounds great looks great, looking forward to riding to Reno in the spring. Take care and be healthy. Paul

Been ridding over 50 years on two wheels this July i bought a 2013 tri glide . different experience but love it should have switched 5 years ago

I also switch from an Ultra to a 2013 HD trike little over 6 years and wonder why I didn't do it sooner. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's some 6 years ago. Prior to that I'd ridden 2 wheels for nearly 65 years, ridden in all 48 states, 5 Canadian providences and México.

I love it !!! Keeps me young,

8~\o

Hello everyone, I have been riding 2 wheels for over 50 years and because I no longer trust my knee not embarrassing me at a red light I purchased a 2016 Tri Glide and I’m now looking forward to warmer weather and enjoying the freedom afforded to those who love the wind in their faces.

Congrats Jim welcome aboard

Same here

Welcome to the world of three wheelers. I am in the same boat as you I switched over in July I should’ve done it 10 years ago.

Me to!!!

Been riding for 48 years and had my lifetime dream, the ultimate ride a 19 CVO Road Glide. After 18,000 miles on it my wife and I just didnt feel comfortable any more. So I turned 70 and traded the CVO in on a Triglide. After having it a week finally we finally got to ride today. Think I am going to like it!!! Wife is happy also. It seems to be geared low. 80-85 the cvo just cruised. Maybe need to slow down anyway. Wonder how much taller tires would help?

Been riding for 48 years and had my lifetime dream, the ultimate ride a 19 CVO Road Glide. After 18,000 miles on it my wife and I just didnt feel comfortable any more. So I turned 70 and traded the CVO in on a Triglide. After having it a week finally we finally got to ride today. Think I am going to like it!!! Wife is happy also. It seems to be geared low. 80-85 the cvo just cruised. Maybe need to slow down anyway. Wonder how much taller tires would help?
I swapped my 205X65x15 for 205X70R 15's really like the change dropped 300 rpms in 6th. It took the high rpms out of each gear and did not hurt the low end torque

Nice

I think you will be happy with the Triglide. I just bought a 20 model this year and I think I should’ve done it 10 years ago I just bought it in July and have 9000 miles on it and I can’t get enough of it. Congratulations on your purchase.

Leon.........Welcome to Trike-Talk.........:wave4:.....

Hello everyone, I have been riding 2 wheels for over 50 years and because I no longer trust my knee not embarrassing me at a red light I purchased a 2016 Tri Glide and I’m now looking forward to warmer weather and enjoying the freedom afforded to those who love the wind in their faces.

Congrats Jim welcome aboard

Jim.....Welcome To Trike-Talk.......:clapping:....

Thanks to all for the welcome. Think I may try the taller tires. Looks like front sprocket change would be a lot of work

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png