Motor Trike Air Suspension Air Bag Replacement

Shocks

What part number shock and spring did you use. We are also having air bag issues. Have already replaced air bags once. Same problem with another leak. Thinking there is another problem

I replaced my 2007 gl1800 motor trike Spyder 2+2 (solid axle) bags myself and it took about 2 hrs. purchased them from motor trike dealer in Wyoming. great service. Still leak proof after 3 years. You can do it.

Air bags were replaced less than a year ago. Evidently dealer didn't fix the issue causing the issue. They will be getting a call Monday. Thinking different shocks could be a remedy.

Can I put spacers in springs until I replace or figure out why onboard compressor isn't working

Deb.. welcome to TrikeTalk from Kerrville TX! You might call Motortrike in Troup, TX and speak with Richard.. he knows those kits inside-out.

And if that is Wimberley TX you listed as your location come on over to Kerrville. We put together rides from time to time and would love to have you join us! When we do it will be posted here on TrikeTalk... so stay tuned!

I've had some unusually wear on my back tires. The inside tread on the tire wearing much more than on the outside. I never paid much attention to the air pressure till my wife tells me to turn it up because she can feel it bottoming out. I was told by MotorTrike and a dealer that the unusually tire wear was due to improper inflation on the air bags. When not aired up properly the tires "lean" in a little.

No argument, but my Lehman wears a little more on the insides of the tires and it's a shortened solid axle … road crown is the cause I think. .

I have seen some IRS trikes eat the inside tread out fast, due to steeply cambered rear suspension.

Attachments

• DSC_5487.JPG
    DSC_5487.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 93
Looking for info

I installed the same air bags that Lonerider suggested to you on our 1500 Motor Trike.

Same results, much better ride, also found that 20 pounds of pressure two up is about right..

I am new to this but was wondering how many inches the body of my trike should raise when air is empty to when 40 lbs is reached. My ride is a 2005. GW.. Thank for any info you can give me. I certainly enjoy all the info on this site.

HELP! Shocks No Longer Available - Need Alternative Shocks that Fit

MotorTrike no longer offers shocks for their solid axle trike.

Anyone have a different shock that you used on your 1800 GoldWing Trike?

HELP NEEDED - Where can I find different shocks for Solid Axle MotorTrike

MotorTrike no longer offers shocks for their solid axle trike.

Anyone have a different shock that you used on your 1800 GoldWing Trike?

Need new shocks and air bags

I just bought a 2003 GL1800 Honda GoldWing Solid Axle MotorTrike.

It needs new Shocks and Air Bags.

I'm going to go with the recommended air bags talked about here.

* Shocks Question please:

For those of you that have put a lot of miles on your GL1800 GoldWing Solid Axle MotorTrike, do you think the Original Shocks were a great ride? Or should they have been a little more heavy duty??

I can buy the exact same shocks, but can get a little heavier spring.

The original springs are 120/170.

I can get the shocks with 140/200 springs... or get them with the original 120/170 springs.

What are your thoughts about getting the 140/200 springs?

Or should I stick with the original 120/170 springs?

Hi new to triketalk been looking at a bunch of threads and as I read it I can put these airbags on a solid axel motor trike kit thanks sorry about opening this older thread

Mike.....Welcome to Trike-Talk.......:clapping:.....

And don't worry about opening an old tread....Old treads are new treads to someone who is reading an old tread for the first time...ThumbUp...

Rear shocks

Hi everyone did the feller get replacement rear shocks for his solid axle trike because I am interested in a part number I am having the same problem any help would be appreciated,:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png