Mystery Designs Home Build

Zaven

Apr 4, 2015
Holbrook, AZ, USA
Well guys am still having a hell of a time steering this trike. Went on 80-100 mile ride and was all kind of wore out. On the broken up roads here in Tucson the trike went back and forth through the whole lane. Banked corners are okay but I really have to manhandle flat corners and once I had to use both lanes (lucky no one behind me). A friend has suggested checking fork oil, stem tourqe and jacking rear to see if wheels are turning independent of each other. Do any of you knowledgeable riders have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Well guys am still having a hell of a time steering this trike. Went on 80-100 mile ride and was all kind of wore out. On the broken up roads here in Tucson the trike went back and forth through the whole lane. Banked corners are okay but I really have to manhandle flat corners and once I had to use both lanes (lucky no one behind me). A friend has suggested checking fork oil, stem tourqe and jacking rear to see if wheels are turning independent of each other. Do any of you knowledgeable riders have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

To add to your friend's list: check the air pressure in all 3 tires. I run 40 lbs in front and 25 in the rear tire.

Over time, I found that using my body to steer through the turns is easier than relying on the shoulders alone. By using the body, I mean using the upper torso and leveraging with the feet.

It's way more work than turning on 2 wheels, but hopefully it will be second nature for you after a while. I'm sure others have suggestions which will help...best of luck!

i am guessing you have the stock trees???
if so that is the problem
you will need to reduce the trail w a set of raked trees it will be like power steering..
personally i wouldnt wanna ride the coolest trike in town with a stock front end...
the hard steering will go away,, and the rough road wont be any where near as bad

I'm not trying to be rude or anything ok?

These were all considerations mentioned on the last round of posts concerning you trouble.

Educate me?

I know nothing about the trike brand.

Who makes the rear end in a mystery design trike?

If it's a car axle and a ( home build) your friend may be on to something?

For crying out loud I hope they didn't pick a positrack rear end?

If they did that I would charge em with attempted murder.:Shrug:

Tuff steering

Too much rake is probably the cause, First time I put the 2011 together it had terrible steering with 45 deg. I cut the frame and moved it back to 40 and it's much more manageable. If you google rake calculator you will find many of them and good explanation of how it works. I agree with the fella who says posi trac is deadly.

It also doesn't hurt to check rear axle toe in(zero) and try to keep the wheels straight up. also get a measurement from both sides of rear axle to steering neck center they should be equal. too much rake is also very hard on neck bearings. if you would post a pic of the bike it would help. The guy who has the trike now has put a lot of miles on it with no more steering issues.

You need to check all air presure in your tires and you need to get in touch with mystery and get a raked tree from them no trike will Handel well without one do you have a ISS rear that is the best rear mystery makes and they make there own rears in TX the kit has 4 proessive suspension shocks a 4piston wilwood brake cal look on there site I got one and my bike rides great handles good around corners and as the other guy said use your body in turns but I think your problem is the triple trees hope this helps you

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png