Clutch switch

Patches

Contributing Member
Feb 17, 2008
Urich, MO.
:eek:Was riding today and when I tried to restart my trike, it would not start unless I took it out of gear. Found if I wiggled the clutch switch it will start in gear. Has this ever happened to anyone? Would love to have your input and/or thoughts.

goldwing clutch switch

i had to modify my clutch switch when i added on the ISO grips...it would only cranck in netural..
i thought it was my switch gone bad...ordered a new one installed it...same response..had to modify bracket on switch..now it's working..

2000 goldwing gl 1500 se
vance in ga.

Sure sounds like what is happening to mine. The only puzzler is it started yesterday after about 100 miles. I did change the grips, but that was about 300 miles ago. HUMMM????? I wonder??????

Arlene, did you change the setting on your clutch adjuster wheel? If not , try moving it to other settings and work the lever to see if it will work. I have the ISO grips on my '06 and no problem. Just a thought...:)

Attachments

• IMG_2133 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2133 - Copy.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 71
I bought my 1500 wing last fall. It only starts in nuetral. I thought that was the way they were made. :confused: Where is this clutch switch you are talking about?

I'm sure someone else could explain it better, but it is a small black box on the end of the clutch cable coming from the grip area. Turns out mine had a loose connection. Just a wiggle of the cable and I'm back in business. Glad it was something simple, and eventually I will have to have it repaired, I'm sure. Right now I know how to get passed it.

for those of you that changed your grips you can ass a small plastic shim to the lever a dot super glue and a small piece of thin plastic works. I bought new chrome levers that have a shallow indented lever that allows it to go into the grip the people that have stock grips you need to either get new levers or replace the bushings in them .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png