muffler

2006gold

950+ Posts
Jun 11, 2013
DFW, Texas
Has anyone tried changing out the muffler on their Stallion? Neither the wife nor I are really pleased with the noise and would like something more quiet.

Yep, I went to a muffler shop and had the OEM muffler replaced with a small automotive muffler. I couldn't stand that obnoxious sound of the OEM non-muffler. I have been smiling ever since replacing it.

Has anyone tried changing out the muffler on their Stallion? Neither the wife nor I are really pleased with the noise and would like something more quiet.

I agree. I would think a muffler shop would be your best bet. If I'm not mistaken the Stallion has a Ford engine in it and I would think the car muffler shop could come up with a muffler that will quiet it down to the level you are looking for. I'm not sure how that is calculated, but, I'd bet the muffler shops know.

The space for the muffler is so small, you can't get anything very big in there to fit. I had the second cat removed and installed a larger muffler and now it sounds perfect.

how many miles on yours trike now, most of us doing upgrades is to make it louder and deeper sounding , the one I took off factory has less than 4k miles on it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png