NonVet American Legion Riders

Perhaps a better question might be, is not being a vet and wearing the colors of a predominately vet organization considered stolen valor? I consider any person that donates time to better the lot of a vet as a patriot, not a stealer of valor. The director of the Kokomo Legion Riders is the daughter of a vet and one of the best administrators I have had the pleasure to work with. This is the reason the members elected her.

Bingo ... give the man a hand ... well put ... :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Ease up guys. Both my parents were WWII vets so I qualified to join the Legion as an SAL (Sons of American Legion). I didn't serve in Viet Nam because of my draft classification. I have two sons that were Navy and one Army, so it runs in the family.

I have been a member of the SAL and Sons of Confederate Veterans, based on my heritage. I was always accepted into all AL activities, volunteered on committees, and helped at the club whenever possible.

I've always respected and acknowledged the incredible sacrifices and bravery of the men and women who served in our military. Not one person in my post ever questioned my patriotism, loyalty to my country or pride in the people who have served.

Being a Rider has been an honor. I am allowed to wear pretty much the same patches as any other AL member, with the exception that I also identify myself as an SAL member and can't have certain military insignia indicating branch of service, combat unit, etc.

Or maybe it's a regional thing. Seems that folks from up North have an entirely different view on who is a patriot and who is a dirtbag. Southerners went through this crap in the 1800s. Y'all call it the "Civil War", but my family has always referred to it as "The War of Northern Aggression", which is closer to the truth than the history books propaganda tries to make you think.

("Politically Correct" is an old Stalin era Communist term, by the way)

Jackbobg - tnaks for clarifying how you are able to be a part of your American Legion Post and all fpr sharing all that you do to support this great organization as does "hogcowboy". As a Navy veteran we thank you for what you do and keep doing!

By the way, I think more of us need to remind Americans who it was that really coined "politically correct" and ask the promoters why the heck are so many people and organizations all trying to by "PC" instead of telling those pushing the agenda to "stuff it" and shut their pie hole! :laugh: Just sayin' AJ

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png