• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

My house guests

Reaction score
I have a good friend and neighbor who is dying. She was diagnosed with brain cancer and given a 6 month prognosis. That was nearly 11 years ago. She has neared the end. She is at home with hospice, and the family has gathered.

With the family all here, the neighborhood (the greatest neighborhood I have ever lived in) is housing the overflow from their house. Our friend's younger brother and his wife are staying in my guest room. They have been very considerate guests, and we have enjoyed having them here, all things considered.

Our friend's sister-in-law is Ivy Manning. She is a fairly well-known cookbook author. In fact, she has a feature recipe in the April issue of Bon Apetit magazine. I have read a bit of her blog (IvysFeast) and have enjoyed that as well as her company. Her husband (who she lovingly refers to as "Mr. Tofu") is a vegetarian, so she does quite a few of her recipes as vegitarian recipes, or at least provides a way to modify it to suit the vegitarians.

We fixed breakfast for them yesterday - actually, it turned more into a brunch. After we ate, she asked my wife to write down her recipe for the tomato gravy we had on our biscuits. That confirms what I have known for the last 20 + years - I am married to a world-class cook!

Long post just to compliment my wife, isn't it? :yes:

hitime,
You sound like you are in the best place for great eats for sure! Lucky Man!!!! LOL.

Also please tell your friends that their loved one and all her family will be in our thoughts and prayers at this sad time! How wonderful that the entire neighborhood has gathered around in support of them.

Sorry about the neighbor. Just goes to show what people are made of in those times of need. I also have a great cook for a wife.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png