40 Years ago...Vietnam

Today ( 04/30/2015 ) Forty Years ago US Forces moved out of Vietnam.
Always remember all Vietnam Veterans and those who gave their all.

View attachment 26915

Sully, I will always remember those that did and did not come back. Many of the returning wounded stopped at the US Army Hospital on Guam while I was serving aboard subs pre-May 1976. We'd make the bus driver honk and we'd wave on our way from Anderson AFB on the south end of the island to the Navy base on the north end of the island.

I saw many a small boat stuffed to the gills with humanity come into Aphra Harbor, Guam, with Vietnamese escaping after the fall. As over packed as each of these boats were with refugees I often wonder how many boats sank and did not make it as far as Guam?

AJ
USN, Submarines 1971 -1977

I'll never forget the evening when I sat in my own living room to watch the news and witnessed the NVA tanks roll into Saigon. It made me cry for all the brothers we'd lost for nothing. It felt worse than when we all got laid off from the one and only job I ever truly loved.

PC

I just read this last post today 6/7/2019

What I think is sad....that there are those in life today who still do not realize that the reason they have an opportunity today to speak their mind is for the THOUSANDS who gave their all. In GOD`S eyes, no life is worth nothing. During The Nam era I was in the 54th Combat Engineer Battalion, and proud of it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png