Just Purchased Our New Blue Freewheeler

Reaction score
I got a chance to see the Harley color charts that showed the 2016 model colors by model on the HD Forum. If the color charts are correct it looks like the Freewheeler will be offered in Vivid Black, Black Quartz & Velocity Red Sun Glo a listed new red color for Harley. The Red looks pretty nice and would be ok. I will not own another Black bike even though they are very pretty so that leaves the Blue color for the 2015 models that the wife just loves ( she did not want to chance not getting the Blue). So we dropped the down payment and will be picking up a sweet Blue Freewheeler and signing paper Tuesday morning 09:00. :D

Got to order a few accessories at the same time, Sundowner seat, windshield and backrest for starters.

We loved the Freewheeler when we test road it last month and we cant wait to log a few miles on the new one. The Road King Harleys are right up our ally and the Freewheeler is pretty much a Road King trike in my humble opinion.

Now my old bad knee will get a break. ThumbUp

Added pics of 2016 Harley colors

Ride Safe Everyone, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 113
Congrats! You will love it. We like ours more every time we ride it. My wife had pretty much quit riding on 2 wheels but now she is back riding with me.

Sunman

Congrats on the new Free, yep, pictures will be great when you pick it up.

Is it 2016 - or just a typo? Best of luck on the Free and as always SHOOT us less fortunate ones some photos!

No typo, As stated I saw a 2016 Harley models color chart for the 2016 Harley colors offered for all the diffrent Harley models on the HD Forums.

The Blue color we want will not be available on the Freewheeler according to the 2016 color chart options. So we decided to pull the trigger early and get a 2015 model Freewheeler so we could get the Blue color we like.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Blue

Sorry Bill, re read your post after I sent mine and figured that......best of luck and RIDE SAFE.

BTW - was in your neck of the woods enroute
to Yuma 2 weeks ago - pass through there every now/then, friends there and out in Lake Isabella.:cool:

Sorry Bill, re read your post after I sent mine and figured that......best of luck and RIDE SAFE.

BTW - was in your neck of the woods enroute
to Yuma 2 weeks ago - pass through there every now/then, friends there and out in Lake Isabella.:cool:

No worries, I got family in Isabella wife's sister and my brother-in-law.

Take Care, :)
Bill G

Congrats on the new trike,Bill. Glad to hear you pulled the trigger.

Congrats Bill...ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

...you have joined us on the darkside...:D:D:D

Best Wishes,

Springman

PS - I am a Vivid Black kind of guy; but, that Blue is awesome too!

I was completely shocked at how well it rode. Being short I figured it would be rough riding but it is pretty good.
Congrats on the free, oh we got blue 2

Congrats Bill! Nothing wrong with a little sooner than later, just means you can start enjoying it quicker! ;) I love the Superior Blue and get many compliments on mine!

Congrats Bill! Nothing wrong with a little sooner than later, just means you can start enjoying it quicker! ;) I love the Superior Blue and get many compliments on mine!

FLRT,

Yes the Blue is sweet.. What size windshield do you have in your pic it looks like a 20" and how tall are you? Can you see over the top of it or through it? I ask because the 16" is fine but I worry that the 20" will be in my line of sight. I had to go shorter on our Road King to an 18" because the 20" windshield split my line of view. I am only 5.8 1/2" tall.

Thanks & Take Care, :cool:
Bill G

FLRT,

Yes the Blue is sweet.. What size windshield do you have in your pic it looks like a 20" and how tall are you? Can you see over the top of it or through it? I ask because the 16" is fine but I worry that the 20" will be in my line of sight. I had to go shorter on our Road King to an 18" because the 20" windshield split my line of view. I am only 5.8 1/2" tall.

Thanks & Take Care, :cool:
Bill G

Well, it's kinda funny Bill. It is a 20" and when I first got it last fall, the top edge was in my line of sight. (I'm 6' 3" with a 34" inseam) But now, since I've gotten it out of Winter storage, my line of sight is an inch or two above the edge. So here's a couple of possibilities as to what changed. The windshield that was put on last Fall had a factory molding defect (a chip) in the top edge. Over the Winter, my dealer got in the replacement and switched them out. This Spring when I realized that the edge of the shield was now below my line of sight, I suspected the dealer had re-ground or shortened the shield instead of replacing. A quick check with the tape measure ruled that out. It is a solid 20". So the only other thing I can suspect is my seat. I replaced the stock seat last Fall with the 'Tallboy' seat which is supposed to put you back an extra couple of inches. Only problem is that the seat is so slick, my butt would keep slipping forward. So this Spring I put on one of the Harley perforated seat cover and now my seat has some grip so it is probably keeping me back and 'tall' in the saddle! Whew! Is that a way to make a short story long or what!!:D:D:D

Enjoy!
~Jay

Well, it's kinda funny Bill. It is a 20" and when I first got it last fall, the top edge was in my line of sight. (I'm 6' 3" with a 34" inseam) But now, since I've gotten it out of Winter storage, my line of sight is an inch or two above the edge. So here's a couple of possibilities as to what changed. The windshield that was put on last Fall had a factory molding defect (a chip) in the top edge. Over the Winter, my dealer got in the replacement and switched them out. This Spring when I realized that the edge of the shield was now below my line of sight, I suspected the dealer had re-ground or shortened the shield instead of replacing. A quick check with the tape measure ruled that out. It is a solid 20". So the only other thing I can suspect is my seat. I replaced the stock seat last Fall with the 'Tallboy' seat which is supposed to put you back an extra couple of inches. Only problem is that the seat is so slick, my butt would keep slipping forward. So this Spring I put on one of the Harley perforated seat cover and now my seat has some grip so it is probably keeping me back and 'tall' in the saddle! Whew! Is that a way to make a short story long or what!!:D:D:D

Enjoy!
~Jay

Thanks for all the information. I will almost bet the 20" is going to be to tall just like it was on my Road King. I will buy the 16" and when it gets wore a little I will replace it with an aftermarket windscreen ( the 18" by Rifle) These are very good quality factory replacements and their available in a wide range of heights and colors. They are also a lot thicker than the factory Harley windscreens.

Thanks Again & Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png