Camping Out

Reaction score
Well Cathy and I have started our camping season. :yes: We are now sitting on the the banks of the Tombigbee river, watching the tugs and boats go by. Just finished cooking some Catfish for supper and will eat outside by the fire :D . Cathy loves building a fire, hmm, have to wonder about that woman...:p . We have also been getting in a trike ride most every day, another couple here with a trike, but they are Yankees and not very friendly:eek: . They just don't know how to handle the friendly southern ways.
We have trips schedeled for every month through July.
Hope U guys have a great weekend, and ride safe...

Yankee....damn :banghead: , I used to be one :busted:. Now I just let things just roll bye, don't get excited. Miles handles all the bs, that comes our way!

It sure is nice to be transplanted. Have no feeling at all of going north to those rat races to live again. Left in 1980 and have not looked back. Not southern born but I sure like it here.

I really did not mean "Yankee" in a bad way. It seems as they have a hard time when people are real friendly to them.. Something us souther people are used too. It all depends on the way U were raised and the part of the country.
We met a couple last year when we were camping from up north, and took them over a big plate of fish we had just cooked, the man did not know how to react, he kept trying to pay me for the meal.. We told them thanks but we had plenty and did not mind sharing. This is normal at the campgrounds we camp at, everyone is always helpful and friendly..

Everyone have a great weekend. and ride safe

Well we left the river bank on Sunday and arrived in Destin Florida that afternoon. Oh the sunny state of Florida. We have rode everyday somewhere and enjoyed the trike so much. Plus the cooking out and the Rv park. Temps have been in the 70-80 range..

Good Morning from Topsail Hill State Park in Santa Rosa Florida...

Supposed to be a rainy day today, so we will use the time to clean the rv and trike, since it is in the cargo area..

Have a great day and ride safe...

Weather is supposed to improve tomorrow for the rest of the time we are here. :yes:

Thanks for sharing your adventures. Only one thing wrong... I'm at work and not there!

steve cathy didn't get much rain today. It kind of feel apart. I hope that work well for you. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Good Morning from Topsail Hill State Park in Santa Rosa Florida...

Supposed to be a rainy day today, so we will use the time to clean the rv and trike, since it is in the cargo area..

Have a great day and ride safe...

Weather is supposed to improve tomorrow for the rest of the time we are here. :yes:

Morning Kat, I reserved a site at the Top Sail for the Thunder Beech Rally. Did you like the park? I heard it was very nice.

Wow we are having such a great time, riding the trike everyday and enjoying the weather, don't know how many trike talk cards we have given out. cannot get on the trike without someone wanting to know about it and if we enjoy it. We are at Starbucks using the WIFI, one day we will get a air card?? Did a little shopping yesterday at Bass Pro and cooked some steaks on the grill, ummmmm good. We will leave Thurs going home and back to work...:mad:
BDN we love topsail have been here several times... What site did U get..We are on site 108 pullthru site.... We love the 100's section....
Everyone have a great day and ride safe.......

Miss you on here every day, Steve!!!! But I'm glad to hear you two are having such a great time! Give Cat a hug from me.

Hi there we are out running around again, and having a great time, just rode down the beach, not many people out. Most of the spring breakers gone home. we are having a great seafood meal this evening for supper :D

Cathy is off shopping for some clothes while I am at Starbucks waiting for her.,,, hmmm wonder which is going to be cheaper mine or hers??????

Saw a new 1800 Champion trike in the RV park this morning when we were walking.. Will try to talk to them on our next round..

U guys have a great day.... and ride safe.....

I bet your having fun down there. I'm jealous.

We have site 002 reserved for Thunder Beach weekend.

Dang, but your posts on this camping trip are getting my cabin fever up! I had so much fun on the road last summer. Especially once I got past where I had reservations & could be more flexible & take a detour or spend an extra night. I have a short trip coming up next month that'll involve a couple nights camping on the road to & from an event. I was going to just highball it straight through, but I got to looking at the maps & there are some mighty interesting looking roads up around the Lake Taho, Carson City area. Besides, taking a lay over means I won't have to leave at 0:dark 30 AM. Should cause a few raised eyebrows for me to be camping in a modern State Park with "period correct" gear for 1840! Hmmm -- that means I'll have to figure out someway to carry the poles for my tent. Can't count on finding a friendly tree when camping in Nevada!

Ride safe!
NM

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png