• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

front tire trouble on roadhawk

Reaction score
Where can I send the front tire and wheel off my Roadhawk and have a new rim, spokes, have my tire mounted and balanced. I get a vibration from 47 to 55 that definitely is coming from the front tire. I had dyna beads put in it but not really much help. The front rim has a good bit of side run out and a little up and down. I would not mind sending it to someone who knows what they are doig. We have no one here where I live. ( Pineville La.) Any suggestions. Thanks

Man I don't know. I am in Vicksburg and there is no one here either. I do all my own work, just hafta figure it out for myself.
Should be a cycle shop of some sort in Baton Rouge south of you or Monroe north of you.

Man I don't know. I am in Vicksburg and there is no one here either. I do all my own work, just hafta figure it out for myself.
Should be a cycle shop of some sort in Baton Rouge south of you or Monroe north of you.

I was just going to say; if there is any reputable cycle shop within a 100 miles it shouldn't be an issue. I'm not quite sure what front end and wheel assembly that Roadhawk's used, but in reality that shouldn't really matter all that much. Any good shop should be able to fix your issues.

roadhawk tire trouble

I had forgot about this guy that does bike work at his house. Alot of people like him and say he does good work. I talked to a guy at bike night tonight that says he does balancing and tire stuff. I am going out to his house Monday and hope he can help me. It is hell living in a town that you can't get anything done. If I can get this straightened out and get my brakes a little better I think I am really going to like the trike. I forgot to tell you I have some wheel cylinders ordered that I hope will help my brakes. They are supposed to have a larger bore than the ones I have. I'll let you know on the tire.

roadhawk

I have some larger bore wheel cylinders ordered for my roadhawk. I am hoping it will help my braking power. I talked to Eric at www.bughaus.com told him my problem and he suggested to use larger bore wheel cylinders. His number is 918-834-4287. I also got a lot of help on here. Hope to get mine working good.
I had forgot about this guy that does bike work at his house. Alot of people like him and say he does good work. I talked to a guy at bike night tonight that says he does balancing and tire stuff. I am going out to his house Monday and hope he can help me. It is hell living in a town that you can't get anything done. If I can get this straightened out and get my brakes a little better I think I am really going to like the trike. I forgot to tell you I have some wheel cylinders ordered that I hope will help my brakes. They are supposed to have a larger bore than the ones I have. I'll let you know on the tire.

I have some larger bore wheel cylinders ordered for my roadhawk. I am hoping it will help my braking power. I talked to Eric at www.bughaus.com told him my problem and he suggested to use larger bore wheel cylinders. His number is 918-834-4287. I also got a lot of help on here. Hope to get mine working good.

That is awesome news man. Hopefully that helps with your braking issues. I might just put a pair on mine as well. :p

2002 roadhawk question

Got the front tire issue fixed. New front tire. The tire was bad. Was having a little snifter problem. Was hard to shift and get in reverse. Amazing what a little grease will do. Shifts fine now. Have another motor question but I'll post it under motor questions.
I will let everyone know. THanks

Got the front tire issue fixed. New front tire. The tire was bad. Was having a little snifter problem. Was hard to shift and get in reverse. Amazing what a little grease will do. Shifts fine now. Have another motor question but I'll post it under motor questions.

That's awesome man!!! Glad you got the tire issue figured out. :clapping:

2002 roadhawk question

Thanks stinger. I am glad to because it was about the speed I like to ride.Thanks for the the info Gray. I have some bigger cylinder I am going to put on and see if that helps. I'll let you know. I believe the ones that are on are 17mm and I am going to 22mm. Hope it helps.
That's awesome man!!! Glad you got the tire issue figured out. :clapping:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png