• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

FLRT hitch......

Reaction score
My FLRT is at HitchDoc right now. I will be picking it up in the morning with FLRT Hitch #1 installed! :D

Sometime next week they should be on the HitchDoc website ready for the FLRT public to buy. :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

UPDATE:

Here it is. They are still waiting for the drawbars to come back from Chrome.

Last edited:
Hey great job for making that happen Ken! There will be a lot of happy Freewheeler owners out there now.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to do this Randy. Learned allot in the process. Told HitchDoc that there was allot of folks in line wanting a hitch.

Keystone, how long is the flat ball hitch? Length?
I have to use a 1 1/4 square inch hitch. Concerned about flex.

Brought a raw one home to use until they get the chrome ones in (I'd be happy with a black powder coat one). They are well made.

Last edited:
Just got this today.
Good News! The FLRT Freewheeler is in production as of right now but they are not on the shelf as of yet. The Freewheeler hitch is a receiver hitch where the ball and tongue drop out when it is not in use! The main part of the hitch is powder coated black and the ball and tongue are chromed. This particular hitch is $250 part number H15239. Enclosed is a picture of the Tri Glide hitch installed on the bike so that you have an idea what it looks like on the bike. I do not have a picture of the Freewheeler as of right now. Installation instructions come with the hitch and it would take on average 1-3 hours to install. We recommend that you have a friend help you so that you don’t scratch the bike. Shipping and handling ranges from $20-$30 within the US by UPS ground. Once you place your order, the shipment would take 7-10 working days if we have them in stock.

The difficulty on wiring a motorcycle for a trailer is not hard at all. The wiring is all underneath the cover on the left hand side of the bike so it makes the wiring very accessible. If you get a motorcycle trailer, you should get a wiring kit along with the trailer and they would have instructions to go along with it. If not all, you would have to do is call up the trailer dealer and they could explain it to you. We do not sell motorcycle trailers nor wiring harness; however, here are some web sites that we recommend.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to do this Randy. Learned allot in the process. Told HitchDoc that there was allot of folks in line wanting a hitch.

Keystone,
Have you had the chance to try the hitch out yet? If so how did the trailer pull behind the FW?
I've been thinking about buying both a hitch and a trailer but haven't really decided on which trailer to go with.
Thanks,
Red

It's still not on the site!

It has been for a while now, part# 15239;
Harley-Davidson

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Call 1-800-446-8222 to order your hitch today![/FONT]
Back to topSample Bikes
Honda$ Price List

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Call 1-800-446-8222 to order your hitch today![/FONT]
Back to topSample Bikes
Kawasaki
Back to topSample Bikes
Yamaha
Back to topSample Bikes
Suzuki / BMW$ Price List
Back to topSample Bikes
Polaris / Indian
Back to topSample Bikes
Moto Guzzi / Triumph$ Price List
Back to topSample Bikes
Options/Cooler Racks$ Price List
Back to topSample Bikes

For more information, please call 1-800-446-8222 or email us at questions@hitchdoc.com

WARNING!!!
Do not exceed the motorcycle manufacturer's Gross Vehicle weight limit when loading and pulling ANY trailer with ANY motorcycle. HitchDoc motorcycle trailer hitches are made with 3/8 inch and 1/4 inch plate steel. ALL HitchDoc motorcycle trailer hitches have a MAXIMUM tongue weight load of 40 pounds. Tongue weight must NEVER EXCEED 10% of the GROSS TRAILER weight including ALL CONTENTS AND CARGO.

CAUTION!!!
Motorcycle performance is always effected by adding a trailer to a motorcycle. Always ride in a conservative and safety conscience manner when towing a trailer with a motorcycle.

1. Extra distance of at least 10 to 20% is always required by motorcycles when pulling a trailer.

2. Always decrease from normal cornering speeds when pulling a trailer with a motorcycle.

3. When riding in groups with a motorcycle trailer, always ride at the rear of the group to minimize group accident exposure.

4. Never exceed motorcycle manufacturer, trailer manufacturer, or hitch manufacturer's limits for gross weights or tongue weights.

5. Never exceed posted speed limits for vehicles pulling trailers which can be different than non-towing vehicles.

6. Many states exclude, by law, vehicles towing trailers from the left hand, or so called fast lanes.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png