Lehman Trike Parts & Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaking axle

I need some help with my 2006 Goldwing Lehman Monarch II trike serial # C002338. I attempted to replace brake pads and the right side was a piece of cake but when I removed the rotor on the left side the brake drum was covered with it appears to be differential oil and the caliper was slightly wet inside. the whole area was greasy and caked in brake dust. it looks like I need a left side caliper and seal, also I was told at my parts store that the bearing was probably bad and ruined the seal. I bought the trike used and don't know what year the trike kit was installed. It is a straight axle. Would the park brake shoes be ruined too? Where can I get parts? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I need some help with my 2006 Goldwing Lehman Monarch II trike serial # C002338. I attempted to replace brake pads and the right side was a piece of cake but when I removed the rotor on the left side the brake drum was covered with it appears to be differential oil and the caliper was slightly wet inside. the whole area was greasy and caked in brake dust. it looks like I need a left side caliper and seal, also I was told at my parts store that the bearing was probably bad and ruined the seal. I bought the trike used and don't know what year the trike kit was installed. It is a straight axle. Would the park brake shoes be ruined too? Where can I get parts? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The caliper could be leaking, but that is unusual.

Axle bearings and seals should be replaced in pairs.

If you call me tomorrow between 9am & 1pm at the phone number on the www.mjtrikes.com website, I will talk you through the inspection process so that you can diagnose the problems and come to a solution.

Hey Jim!

I have an '86 FLHTC with an older Renegade conversion equipped with drum brakes (trunk lid hinged at the top to give you an idea of the age). It's good right now, but eventually it's gonna need brake shoes. Are the shoes still available? Also, was there a trailer hitch made for the older conversions?

PEACE and ride safe! :Dorag:

Hey Jim!

I have an '86 FLHTC with an older Renegade conversion equipped with drum brakes (trunk lid hinged at the top to give you an idea of the age). It's good right now, but eventually it's gonna need brake shoes. Are the shoes still available? Also, was there a trailer hitch made for the older conversions?

PEACE and ride safe! :Dorag:

They discontinued that conversion in or around 1998, it was prior to the Renegade and it was called the TOUR. Brake shoes, drums and wheel cylinders can still be obtained and they are fairly inexpensive. As far as a hitch is concerned, I made my own hitches even back then. I actually have a TOUR model on the floor that I might be able to mock up a receiver type hitch for your trike.

View attachment 54803

http://mjtrikes.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89_90&products_id=225

As far as a hitch is concerned, I made my own hitches even back then. I actually have a TOUR model on the floor that I might be able to mock up a receiver type hitch for your trike.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the help! About how much would you charge to do the mock-up?

P.S. Thanks for setting me straight on the model, too! Been calling it a Renegade since I bought it last Fall.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the help! About how much would you charge to do the mock-up?

P.S. Thanks for setting me straight on the model, too! Been calling it a Renegade since I bought it last Fall.

After my last communication I looked beneath the Tour that I have will have to get back with you on a final cost b/c there are no mounting holes for a hitch on the tour.

I will also have to see if I can configure a harness for the trailer too.

Back then, Harley was not as sophisticated with their wiring and had very POOR ground (-). I will get back with you.

Older Lehman kit

Picked up a very low milage 98 HD Ultra with a Lehman conversion .( the trike kit looks almost new, no dings, scratches, etc..) How do I determine which kit it is for parts? I thought that it was a Renegade, but I just read that they had a "Tour" that looks similar.(trunk is hinged on top also if that helps). Is there an ID tag somewhere on the kit? Thanks

Picked up a very low milage 98 HD Ultra with a Lehman conversion .( the trike kit looks almost new, no dings, scratches, etc..) How do I determine which kit it is for parts? I thought that it was a Renegade, but I just read that they had a "Tour" that looks similar.(trunk is hinged on top also if that helps). Is there an ID tag somewhere on the kit? Thanks

No ID tag other than a sticker installed when new.

Parts beneath the body are similar of not the same in the later Renegade. The trunk door is hinged at the bottom on a Renegade and at the top on a Tour. Other than that the bodies resemble each other fairly well. The driveline, brakes, shocks, body support and swingarm were the same from 1997 - 2002. If yours is equipped with drum or disc brakes, most of those parts are also available.

The differential is grease-able and needs service at regular intervals so that the gears stay lubricated.

87 goldwing lehman

Howdy I have what I am pretty sure is a Lehman strike kit on my 87 goldwing.

What I am looking for is where the mounting bolts are?

I found 2 steel angles that touch front by where passengers foot rest are.

The each have 2 holes drilled into steel but nothing into the fiberglass of the fender.

Any ideas of where the attaching points are?

George, A picture is worth a thousand words. A picture would help identify your trike as well as the area of concern. Thanks

02 ultra classic trike

I

I have a 2002 Harley Davison ultra classic with a Lehman

tried converting to and has a straight axle but it has a large heavy metal drum

to the right of the sprocket and I can find no openings into it I now put

10,000 miles on this bike since I bought it and I am starting to get worried about

it Locking up. Is there a way like pulling the axles to get in there and back

and that lubricant thank you very much and I hope you can help me

And thank you

rmcombs

Hi Ralph! Welcome to the forum from west Texas. Jim is our resident Lehman expert - you are in good hands with him!

Ok sorry for delay. I think I got a picture of the mount.

There is one one each side front of fenders.

As you can see 2 drilled holes toward the front up against the fiberglass.

I started looking as there is some movement in the body.

I think there should be a couple bolts to fasten this point?

Sorry I should have included pictures.

I will post a few tomorrow as strike is at another location...

Ok sorry for delay. I think I got a picture of the mount.

There is one one each side front of fenders.

As you can see 2 drilled holes toward the front up against the fiberglass.

I started looking as there is some movement in the body.

I think there should be a couple bolts to fasten this point?

OKAY !!! So post them .. :Shrug::Shrug::Shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png