Possible changes coming

Reaction score
Over the weekend, the wife and I were talking with our neighbors (who are also riding buddies) about the whole riding situation. The wife mentioned that she was wanting to trade the Goldwing (w/ motortrike) in for a Can Am Spyder. I maintain my position that they may be great rides, but they do not appeal to me at all. Just my preference. I lean more toward the new 2015 TriGlide. She made the off-handed comment that it would be fine for me to get a TG as long as I get her a Spyder. AND SHE DID IT WITH WITNESSES!!!! :clapping:

Backstory: We test-rode a triglide a couple years ago. It was a 2013 (I think), and in the 15 minutes we were on the test ride, her legs went numb from the knee down - and we think it is a combination of the leg position (due to footrest placement) and the vibration that comes through the footrest. :AGGHH: I hear good things about the 2015, and would like to get her to test ride again on a new one to see if the position/vibration is any better. But if it comes right down to it, I don't mind shelling out the money for both a TG and a Spyder. :Dorag:

Over the weekend, the wife and I were talking with our neighbors (who are also riding buddies) about the whole riding situation. The wife mentioned that she was wanting to trade the Goldwing (w/ motortrike) in for a Can Am Spyder. I maintain my position that they may be great rides, but they do not appeal to me at all. Just my preference. I lean more toward the new 2015 TriGlide. She made the off-handed comment that it would be fine for me to get a TG as long as I get her a Spyder. AND SHE DID IT WITH WITNESSES!!!! :clapping:

Backstory: We test-rode a triglide a couple years ago. It was a 2013 (I think), and in the 15 minutes we were on the test ride, her legs went numb from the knee down - and we think it is a combination of the leg position (due to footrest placement) and the vibration that comes through the footrest. :AGGHH: I hear good things about the 2015, and would like to get her to test ride again on a new one to see if the position/vibration is any better. But if it comes right down to it, I don't mind shelling out the money for both a TG and a Spyder. :Dorag:

The adjustable passenger board mounts HD sells really give you lots of flexibility for the co rider ... when I had one she was short and these adjustable mounts really helped. They go for about $370 but are nice billet and very functional.

I haven't test rode a new Spyder either but hear they are worlds different than the 2012 model we have now. And then there's that newer model yet they have. F3 or F6 or something like that. I would be forced to test ride everything just because of all the changes. But a two trike family is nothing but a good thing. Just think of all the junk you can take or buy while traveling. Well, after you get out of debt that is.

If she is going to approve buying two....go for it....If you get tired of riding the TG.."borrow hers"

it's a win win situation

Sounds like she wants a Spyder so that leaves you to get what you want. It is a great deal for both of you. My wife rides a Stallion and I ride a TRI.

Has she ridden the Spyder ?? I would assume she has. I rode one in Sturgis several years ago when they brought a truck load down from Canada, then again 3 years ago when I was going to have to make the switch from 2 to 3.

Didn't like 'em back then and didn't like 'em 3 years ago. Could not stand the way you sit on the seat. Have said this several times here, "you sit on a Spyder (Honda), you sit in a Harley" if that makes any sense. Short hoops, maybe. Long hauls, no way. Also, there's a term used on the railroad, "hunting". Kinda hard to explain but rail cars "hunt" for a good grove on the rail....back and forth, back and forth....I felt that was what the Spyder was doing on the highway....hunting for a spot to run. Wore me out in the 100 miles I rode one, one afternoon on a friends.

But hey, it's like wine, women and song !!!

8~\o

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png