Suzuki Tramp c50 parking brake

Jolie

Reaction score
Just a quick question about the parking brake on the Tramp c50. I have never been able to use it. I'm not sure it even works. Is is suppose to be super hard to pull it up? I can't get it to budge. Do you use it in neutral or first? I push the button in and try to pull it up but can't. Just thought I would ask those who have a Tramp or use to before I put it on my list for the service department to look at when I bring it in. I've been making sure I park on even ground and in first when I shut it off.

You need to determine if it is the brake ratchet handle mechanism that may be rusted up, the cables may be seized or the park brake within either wheel may not be working properly. Since the park brake lever is covered by a protected boot, considering the year, I think the push button lever may need freeing up. WD-40 will help do the trick on all external parts.

You need to determine if it is the brake ratchet handle mechanism that may be rusted up, the cables may be seized or the park brake within either wheel may not be working properly. Since the park brake lever is covered by a protected boot, considering the year, I think the push button lever may need freeing up. WD-40 will help do the trick on all external parts.

Thank you so much! I will have the dealer service dept check all of this. Being new to trikes I didn't think it should be that hard to use to the parking brake. And there are situations where it will come in real handy. Again, thank you so much!

If it becomes an expensive repair don't worry about it. Many trikes do not have emergency brakes. My Honda 1300 VTX being one of them. I simply isn't needed. Park it and leave it in 1st gear.

I'll have them check it out. I did purchase a warranty with my trike but not sure if the parking brake is covered. If it isn't I won't put money into it. I park it in first but some of the stops I've been making it is hard to find a level spot to park and I don't want it to roll. LOL Being a girl I thought about putting a small brick in the trunk to put under one of the tires "just in case". LOL

I'll have them check it out. I did purchase a warranty with my trike but not sure if the parking brake is covered. If it isn't I won't put money into it. I park it in first but some of the stops I've been making it is hard to find a level spot to park and I don't want it to roll. LOL Being a girl I thought about putting a small brick in the trunk to put under one of the tires "just in case". LOL

Econo brake. Small bungie cord loop with ball attached. Wrap it around the front brake lever and the handle bar. Works great. you can buy the anywhere Lowes, HD, hardware store.

Econo brake. Small bungie cord loop with ball attached. Wrap it around the front brake lever and the handle bar. Works great. you can buy the anywhere Lowes, HD, hardware store.

Cavie,
Is this what you are talking about? I found it on the Lowes website. Lowes is 5 minutes from work so thought I'd head over on my lunch. I want to make sure I get the right thing. :)

051643617919lg.jpg

Great! Now I know what to look for! Spares are good as I tend to place things for safe keeping and then can't find them. LOL

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png