Got My D&D 3 1/2" Muffers Installed Today, Man They Sound Great..

Mar 5, 2015
Bakersfield California USA
Got My D&D 3 1/2" Muffers Installed Today, Man They Sound Great..

Got the 3 1/2" D&D Exaust slip on mufflers with the 2" Vortex baffles installed today. They sound great and fit perfect. The fit and finish of the mufflers was perfect. I also installed the short round billet end caps on the mufflers to keep all looking good with the chrome bumper.

:pepper::pepper:

They have a sweet deep throaty tone to them and a nice bark when throttled. The performance is solid with no hick ups and plenty of power.

No fuel injection mods done. Stock air box with K&N factory replacement filter installed and all seems to be great.

Ride Safe All, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 136
They look great. D & D makes a good product. So no re-flash on the ECM? Sunman

So far so good.

If the air intake is left stock most Harley's since 2009 will take most slip on mufflers available with out any issues. Also the new factory stock air intakes on the 2014 and 2015 Mt Rushmore project bikes takes in 15% more air than the older stock intakes according to Harley. The Harley re-flash to the ECM that is offered at the dealer raises the RPM red line from 5500 to 6200 and makes some very small timing curve adjustments but it does not change the EPA mandated leaner fuel ratio. It only adjust the fuel ratio and air curves plus small timing adjustments to match the added air flow of a stage 1 air intake and filter upgrade.

With the the stock air intake not changed the bike will re-adjust to the factory set fuel ratios in cloaced loop within a few miles of riding after the muffler install. Of course this fuel ratio is still an EPA leaner ratio. The only way to change that is to install some type of fuel controler.

The Freewheeler runs great just like it did before it just sounds a lot better.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

- - - Updated - - -

Wow those look great.! How about a vid so we can hear 'em?

I tried to make a video with my phone and it just would not record with any kind of quality. The recording just did not do any kind of justice to the mufflers.

Bellow is a recording D&D Exaust did of them on a 2014 touring model. They do sound very much like this recording.

https://youtu.be/10fWIayc7zI

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Nice !! When I changed out the mufflers on the FLRT the guy following me home from the harley shop flagged me over at a stop light on the way home. Said wow that sounds good. I have to agree. No better sound than a happy harley. My personal stereo set.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Driller79

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Driller79
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png